Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In Depth Look - 532nm PGL-III-C 800mW!!!!

Awesome I would rep you, but, errrr..... :)

I hear that the higher power the larger (fatter) the beam so maybe a 500mW might have better divergence due to the smaller pump diode?
--
Nooooo, ill cross my fingers

--
HOLY HEATSINK BATMAN!

Too bad its an aluminium module :cryyy:

Sorry to derail the thread but I'm quite convinced the color difference of my Dominator is real. If I shine it and my other 445nm laser on a diffraction grating I can see a clear separation of the first-order dots with the Dominator farther away from the main dot, which is expected for a higher wavelength.

So the higher drive current is pushing the wavelength towards 450nm?

Sorry to derail the thread but I'm quite convinced the color difference of my Dominator is real. If I shine it and my other 445nm laser on a diffraction grating I can see a clear separation of the first-order dots with the Dominator farther away from the main dot, which is expected for a higher wavelength.

So the higher drive current is pushing the wavelength towards 450nm?

Probably...
You got the driver current and the diode specs sheet?

ixfd64

The beam divergence and diameter are greater than advertised, but it seems you got a really nice laser otherwise. If only other laser companies would offer 800 mW green lasers at these prices...

P.S. What tripod are you using?

IsaacT

I believe it is called the "ultrapod" or something. I did a thread on them awhile back. yhey are on amazon for about 15 bucks. There is a smaller version speedy78 swears by too.

DJNY

Nice unit you got there :)

Too bad beam diameter and divergence are not as awesome as the power output is.

IsaacT

Honestly, and this may be due to power, this laser looks brilliant in the night sky anyway. I may get a beam expander for it though. ...

beam divergence and diameter wouldnt be something I could get a replacement made for though is it? Like call it quality problems? Because I would go through the hassle if it was worth it and possible.

Probably...
You got the driver current and the diode specs sheet?

That's my theory as well. Diode heat and a bit of luck :p

I've never seen a datasheet for the 9mm diodes...

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very professional looking review WBS, definitely top notch! :beer:

As far as the laser goes, I've got to agree with you, the only neg. is that the tall blue button sucks.
Besides being about three times as high as it shoud be, it's a loose fit in the host,
allowing it to wobble around. A nice low profile aluminum one would fix that!

That's my theory as well. Diode heat a a bit of luck :p

I've never seen a datasheet for the 9mm diodes...
Ok so your dominator is more "blue". definitely possible.

Isaac don't sweat the divergence , have you ever sent anything back to china??? not fun.

I'm more of beamage guy not a burner.....so i'm pleased with mine:)

Last edited:
too bad the host looks kind of bland. I looked at these on cni and thought they had no style after looking at all the nice hosts made and modified by the forum members. price is right for the amount of power I think.

Last edited:

IsaacT

I have thought about potentially having the anodization stripped and having it polished, which would look amazing, IMO, but I am unsure as to how feasible it would be and also how good it would look. Also, have thought about finding a button that would go well on the host and changing them out. My worries:

1. Warranty voiding. I am positive they wouldn't cover malfunctions after any modifications.
2. Feasibility. I am unsure as to how possible having this laser polished would be due to it being already put together. I worry about components getting metal shavings or anodization dust in them during the procedure.
3. It is a nice laser as it is, and looks professional, if not slightly bland.

Let me know what you a1ll think about that idea.

thanks,
Isaac

I have laser from different manufacturer,, the battery compartment is threaded to the module dpps/heatsink section.. they can carefull be unthreaded but you must be careful to NOT twist off the wires from the module.. un soldering them from battery compartment is what I had to do. this could be one way to work on the battery compartment and clicky. the dpps module is threaded into the second section, and the optics and shutter the third. the hosts I'm describing are the ones on my flag in the avitar

To: wanna burn stuff.
Where did you get your tripod? Is it custom? I can't find any good tripods. I use a camera tripod with a picatiny M4 assault rifle rail, and some rifle scope mounts. Its pretty rigged up, but I would like an actual LASER tripod.