Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Importing high power laser parts into Australia

3Pig

I've been lurking these forums for years and years without an account. Learning about safety, electronics and the physics behind how lasers work.

I want to import a high power 532 laser module from eBay, this one in particular: HERE

I also want to import host like this HOST

Id say I'm more worried of that laser module having trouble passing through customs, would it get through when the module has a sticker that screams high powered laser parts.

Would that housing make it through too? the focusable front end and the lock on the tail cap make it stand out as "laser parts" instead of a aurora c6 which would glide through like a greasy pig.

Also I have had a handheld pen seized about 3-4 years ago, would this impact my chances on getting these parts through.

Hopefully this isn't too long to read. Looking forward to reading your answers!

There are nearly a metric zillion different threads on this same subject. Go search for "import laser parts australia" or something like that in the Google search box at the bottom of this site.

Long answer short I've had many items get taken by Australian customs .Most just eBay pens over 5mW ,but some nice lasers too .The luck of the draw win some lose some is about as good as it gets no matter what usual deceptions you get the sender to put on parts or hosts ,if your lucky it arrives if not you get a dear john letter from customs blah blah blah we have taken your laser stuff and if you want to fight it and lose we will fine you big money .....

3Pig

G'day, mate! That's a sensitive one. Here are some options :

1) Intro yourself at : Welcome Page

2) Check out this sticky : LPF Search, Introduction, and Tips

3) Join our good blokes here:Australian Laserists

Thanks, I'll be joining the Aussie laserists once I feel worthy "actually own a laser"

Those links both in your post and your sig are very helpful, thanks.

Long answer short I've had many items get taken by Australian customs .Most just eBay pens over 5mW ,but some nice lasers too .The luck of the draw win some lose some is about as good as it gets no matter what usual deceptions you get the sender to put on parts or hosts ,if your lucky it arrives if not you get a dear john letter from customs blah blah blah we have taken your laser stuff and if you want to fight it and lose we will fine you big money .....

Thanks for sharing your experiences with customs, its really nice of them to power test your lasers, when i tried to import a supposedly 1mw violet pen, they sent me a power graph taken with an lpm, said it peaked at 7mw. How nice of them, too bad i didn't get the laser.

Want to know the cheapest way to get the items you want? MOVE TO AMERICA ;)

Last edited: