Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Important Threads

Here are some important topics that may interest you in the General section:

Laser chatroom
Great chatroom for laser enthusiasts.

Laser UserBars / requests from here
Thread with a bunch of laser userbars that you can add to your signature.

Help! I can't see my laser's beam!
Tutorial with a bunch of ways that you can make a lasers beam appear much brighter.

Newbie's Guide to Buying First Lasers
Guide/Suggestions for Newbs on choosing your first laser.

How to solder properly
Some great tips for learning how to solder correctly.

Welcoming CNI Laser to the forum
Thread welcoming CNI lasers as a lead advertiser for this forum to help keep us running.

Laser burning power cleared up
Writeup explaining which laser colors burn better.

Laser Essay: Types of laser hobbyists on LPF
Essay by Kenom that explains the different classes of laser hobbyists.

If you feel anything else should be added post it here! This will help cut down on the stickies and save more space for regular topics in this section.

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Re: ***Threads of Interest***

awesome, looks great!

Kenom

Hahaha you added my essay? Awesome!

Kenom said:
Hahaha you added my essay?  Awesome!
It's a good essay that is so true so I figured it would fit here perfectly. ;D

Warske

The forum got nuked a few days ago and is now in a state of smoking ruin. The members who survived and were able to log back on are wondering aimlessly in a state of shock and confusion.

All internal links are broken. Until this gets fixed (if it gets fixed, actually), you might try using the search function on the thread title.

don't worry Warske, I think the site is starting to get better (closer to normal). and c0ld is right try using the search

Devin.

I FINALLY fixed the links! Sorry to have you guys wait so long for this!

JIMS19

Whats the deal with the fda? no one who is a U.S.citizen or lives in the U.S. can import a laser greater than 5mw? This is ludicrous man and infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the deal with the fda? no one who is a U.S.citizen or lives in the U.S. can import a laser greater than 5mw? This is ludicrous man and infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't post on a super old thread D: D: D: D: D:
oh well I think educating people is a more than good enough reason, Why would you be browsing this thread anyways? Because you want to learn this stuff and contribute... Hoping nobody makes a big thread about why its bad to make big threads on old threads...

HERES WHAT THE REPLY IS READ THE ABOVE AFTER:

The US does not want lasers that are not FDA approved meaning not over 5mw if they don't have all the safety features, Also you can legally have them you just can't import them. However laser, Diodes, Modules & diode holding stuff like dvd burners you can put through and legally use(if used responsibly of course muhahaha I will not be liable for you finding holes in my thread and getting me in trouble :p just kidding. The law was placed so lasers would be imported causing less plane crashes from flash blindness and not so many children getting there >50mW from DX and doing the vision test after using it irrisponsibly lol.

Bottomline:
Legal, Just don't import pointers or non fda approved lasers.
They can still pass the boarder.
If you want a high power one in the us the best thing you can do is rather build one(most recommended) or put a higher power module in a low power laser so you don't have to worry about import laws.

-Twisted