Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Image size in your posts.

gozert

I simply transfer my pictures from my camera to my PC, then resize them with paint to whatever size I want them to be. It's really easy, takes me about 5 seconds each picture.

Use puffin browser. It is completely worth the 4$ or something. It displays full desktop sites and it lets you use flash. They do the processing on their servers and then sends the page to your phone and its super fast. They have a free trail I believe.

It's really easy to download an imagine resizer, there are tons of them for free. I don't bother looking at posts with pics that take up the whole screen.

gozert

Use puffin browser. It is completely worth the 4$ or something. It displays full desktop sites and it lets you use flash. They do the processing on their servers and then sends the page to your phone and its super fast. They have a free trail I believe.

Why use a paid browser when people can instead just stop being lazy and resize their pictures?

Not to dump extra work on the great people that manage LPF but I think this is the only forum that doesn't have a size limit max set so this kind of stuff doesn't happen. I fully agree that there have been some great threads that are completely unreadable due to 8 meg pics being able to post.
It's a shame so much good information and discussions get passed for this reason. Is it because of having to use a phot hosting site? Do any IT guys know can image limits be put into place on forums that require using a secondary hosting site?

I just got a new phone and posted my rainbow pic then immediately grabbed my tablet to see if I was being that guy which I was. My phone takes 4 meg pics so they were huge. I re loaded 800 pixel images but since other pics on that thread already were massive it didn't matter.

Come on people, it's our forum take the 2 min to resize pics or you can always text them to yourself and then use those as phones resize for sms automatically.

Well postimage.org is what i use to compress them, the mobile design also auto sizes them, it should be put into the desktop one. I would be willing to help with that but obviously i cant :/

Ok it's past time for another reminder about this. I have noticed this several times in recent weeks but haven't said anything, but when a thread is reduced to less than half the width of the screen then the thread is useless and I just hit the browser back button when I see this. There really needs to be better enforcement of image size, the moderators really need to start watching for this, or do you all still use desktop windows computers and don't even notice? :wtf: What is wrong with some of you people? Are you just too lazy to resize images or are you deliberately vandalizing threads to make them useless for many who are viewing the forum?

Alan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 101
Wait... what? :wtf:

Why are people saying this only happens on mobile? I've got an HD monitor(I use a desktop PC for LPF) and this still happens quite frequently, having to zoom out a ton to see the picture.

Everyone, it's very easy to resize your pictures as they're being uploaded, you just need to use tinypic for it.

Look:

29y4hgy.png

This is tinypic.com

The drop down menu has the following options:
Default (DO NOT USE DEFAULT)
Thumbnail (160x120)
Website/Email (320x240)
Message Board (640x480)
15" Screen (800x600)
17" Screen(1024x768)

Default will be an insanely large picture, so use any of the other options and they will be happily viewed.

Last edited:
This really fucking pisses me off! This is way beyond what should be tolerated here! People should be temporarily banned for this behavior!

Alan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 121
Guys, instead of ranting about it, why not ask if it's possible at this point in time to change it.

Many (most) forums have a feature that automatically resizes any images that are hosted offsite. There are many ways to implement this.

Previously it was not an option for security reasons, but it's been several years since the last time it has been brought up seriously.

Email c0ld, and ask him about it. Maybe it's an option, or maybe it's not for some reason. As it primarily affects mobile users (though also annoying on regular screen) and it's something being actively worked on, now is a good time to ask.

This really fucking pisses me off! This is way beyond what should be tolerated here! People should be temporarily banned for this behavior!

Alan

Whoa easy Alan. Its just pictures on a forum. Nobody needs to be banned over this nor should it get you that angry.

We should just ask Coldshadow to put a feature that won't allow pics larger than a certain size to be uploaded like every other forum I have used. Yeah it would be even nicer if they were just re-sized automatically but putting a size limit on shouldn't be that much work to do. It would be a good start.

I see it on occasion. I mainly use my desktop and very rarely my laptop for viewing the forum. I may look on my phone once a year. My desktop monitors are 1280x1024 each and I don't stretch the websites across multiple monitors. Yet I still don't have many problems with pictures.

SyKo

Alan

:undecided:

Well um... i do admit my view of the forum and images my be warped using a 42" 3840x2160 tv/monitor but to be fair why the hell doesnt this forum resize images over a certain size? or even just allow you to set a resolution when inserting a link?

That was annoying at best. Can you get rid of it. I come here to look at what people are doing with lasers, not play childish games. Yes I agree there could be a autoresize tool on this site. But for now I learned to use photo bucket. A little tricky to use on mobile device I manage.