Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm so excited..

Nexgen

Today I purchased 1W 520nm laser. I have chosen Sanwu Silver host.
I also bought a 3x beam expander with it.

I think it will be one of my favorite for a long time in my life. :yh:

Can't wait :drool:

To get rid of suffering I also picked expedited shipping service, hope it will be fast.

Of course I will do a review for you :p

MEn2xj5HFwE.jpg

-Robert

Radim

Great laser. I'm looking forward to see your review. ;)

BobMc

That's a nice package, it's this right : https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/silver
They look small but it's 215mm ( 8 inches ) long, that's a nice package.

Today I purchased 1W 520nm laser. I have chosen Sanwu Silver host.
I also bought a 3x beam expander with it.

I think it will be one of my favorite for a long time in my life. :yh:

Can't wait :drool:

To get rid of suffering I also picked expedited shipping service, hope it will be fast.

Of course I will do a review for you :p

MEn2xj5HFwE.jpg

-Robert

Can't blame you. You picked a real winner there. Sanwu Siver 1 watt 520, they don't get much better than that. Also a BE to boot. Someone is going to be one happy camper!

Please do do a review when you get it so we can all :drool: with you.

Enjoy and be safe. :)

Congats Nexgen! I look forward to your review, i also have been wanting a 520nm laser!

Nexgen

nice, but be safe 1w of green will be crazy bright for normal use, hope u have good googles to protect eyes.

Don't worry I'm in touch with safety.

Using flightracker, to find appropriate place for lasing.

I always use goggles when operating indoors.

I don't think I will use this laser indoors that much.

Radim

1 W of 520 nm is crazy. I've just done my latest laserpainting last week with it. Slightly under max power there was my Krypton through line generator lens as you can see on the right of the photo. It was clear and amazing solid flat surface across the forest scene. I'm looking forward for my coming 532 nm 1.4+ W Optotronics RPL-II. Considering the power, wavelength and beam specs - that's going to be incredibly insane. I'm even considering special precautions when using that monster. ;) Stay safe.

Last edited:
You're gonna like that one a lot! I've always wanted to see a 1w 520 in person.

Reactions: GSS

Radim

Sean, it is crazy. Really that makes impression to anyone since green is very visible. Even it competes with blue in dark conditions. ;)

Do you know which diode they use? I'm thinking it is the NDG700 pushed to 1 watt. Then again, it could be one of those N520 diode pulls. I'm not sure what the divergence is on the new pulls. Hope it is as good as the NDG700 or NDG7475.

Nexgen

Do you know which diode they use? I'm thinking it is the NDG700 pushed to 1 watt. Then again, it could be one of those N520 diode pulls. I'm not sure what the divergence is on the new pulls. Hope it is as good as the NDG700 or NDG7475.

I emailed Francis the day before and he said they use NDG7475, and power will be 1100mw with G7 lens.

Razako

Nice! You'll be pretty impressed with it if you haven't seen anything comparable before.

That's not bad at all for $229.00. I'm not familiar with Sanwu's hosts. Is it pretty hefty? Are you going to get a decent duty cycle with it?

Nexgen

That's not bad at all for $229.00. I'm not familiar with Sanwu's hosts. Is it pretty hefty? Are you going to get a decent duty cycle with it?

In my opinion, host must be a bit heavy and super smooth.

As stated on the website, the duty cycle is unlimited :beer:

219$ is only the diode option, I paid 409$ for the laser itself, and 55$ for 3x BE.

So, quite costly.

-Rob

Last edited: