Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm officially hanging up my hat.

I've been contemplating this decision for a while now. I have done my best to maintain work, school, and my personal life on top of LPF, but I find that the former of those things are suffering because of it.
LPF in reality, is at the bottom of those 4 in terms of priority. Because of that, I'm "retiring" from the laser hobby to focus on things most important.

I bought my first metal lathe and began making heat sinks for people a little over 1 year ago. School had started just months after and I had anticipated having to quit then, but I somehow managed to accomplish both. The only reason I was able to accomplish this is because I spent almost every free moment working to keep up with everything. This frantic pace quickly turned a fun hobby, into something that felt like a stressful "job."

Although I'm still passing my classes, I find myself receiving lower scores than I normally would. "Barely passing" is unacceptable to me, and unfair to my future patients who expect me to know exactly what i'm doing when they call for my help.

In short, It's been great making such an expensive hobby more affordable to a lot of people, but the time has come for me to move on. As with any market, the demand will call for another to take my place and I don't expect my absence to be too noticeable :D

I won't be leaving immediately, as I've still got lots of stuff to get rid of, and aluminum stock that i've got to do something with.
Right now all my inventory is being sold off in bulk to different web stores. Once they've had their pick, i'll be posting the rest here on the forum for people to snatch up before I say my final farewell.

My presence on the forum will be minimal once I'm done, and will be in the form of an enthusiast/customer instead of a seller. I may even get rid of my lathe :D

Last edited:

Trevor

Re: I'm officially hang up my hat.

Cheers; be sure to say hi on #laserchat every now and then also. :)

-Trevor

That sucks but is understandable. All the stuff I've bought from you has been top notch. I hope you do stick around the forums at least even if you don't post a lot.

Fenzir

Reading that made me pretty sad. Every time I turn on my phatlight, I'll think of you, moh. I hope for you to return to the hobby one day. :gh:

Sad to see you go man. Hopefully its just temporary. You will be very missed here.

benmwv

Man this sucks! You will be missed. A lot.

Hopefully you can sell me a few heatsinks before you leave!

All though I have never bought anything from you. I already miss your awesome deals!

Hope things turn out great for you in life and I hope you find yourself a GREAT job after school!

Good luck in life my friend!
Jeff

Kevlar

Good for you Moh for setting you priorities straight. Your patients and you personal life must come first, believe me, I know ;)

But don't get rid of your lathe, you'll regret it.

I'm going to miss lurking on all those auction lots you put up, and your very refreshing attitude on pricing:beer:

daguin

Education and family should ALWAYS come before this forum ;)

Keep in touch

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I seem to recall this so called hanging of the hat, once or twice before?
Yu'll be back.

I am going to miss my go to man for custom heatsinks. I appreciate all the support you've given me over the last couple years.

Sad to hear this but a man gotta do, what a man gotta do!

Thnx for all the awesome sales you had, you really had the most awesome prices for some really good stuff

I wish you good luck with your school studdies, and ofcourse the best wishes to you and your family!