Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm back!!!!

Hey everyone!

It's me and i'm back! Well, almost...
Many of you are wondering why I was gone. Well, the main reason is because I had to move into my new house (which took a long time) and on top of that I had college, court cases, and plenty of other good stuff :p
So, I wasn't really around. Well, next week I'm getting my internet set up in this new house, so I won't be stuck using my blackberry.
How is everyone? Is there any big news I should know about? Any new diodes? Any new jay-creations (or any creations for that matter)?
Any new drivers/items people are selling?

Sorry for all the questions :p
I've been gone a long time, and it feels good to be back!

EDIT:
Need to remove that jake thing tomorrow :/

Welcome back! Oddly enough, the other day I was wondering where you'd gone, I was remembering that Copperhead laser you'd built.

Edit: There are a few new kits by Jayrob, 12x's are here (sort of), I think you missed the whole DAoO fiasco, there's the new 'Pro Shop' section, another round of Kenometers, $315 >5mW pulsed 473nm lasers, lots and lots of stuff really, you've got a bit of reading ahead of you.

Edit 2: Wicked Lasers has a whole new line of lasers out, and sent several members their Evolution Pro's to review, and several lucky ones were promised Spyder III Pro's, but the design is apparently still being finalized.

Edit 3: You may or may not have been here for some of this, so pardon any mentions of anything you already knew

Last edited:
Welcome back! Oddly enough, the other day I was wondering where you'd gone, I was remembering that Copperhead laser you'd built.

Edit: There are a few new kits by Jayrob, 12x's are here (sort of), I think you missed the whole DAoO fiasco, there's the new 'Pro Shop' section, another round of Kenometers, $315 >5mW pulsed 473nm lasers, lots and lots of stuff really, you've got a bit of reading ahead of you.

Edit 2: Wicked Lasers has a whole new line of lasers out, and sent several members their Evolution Pro's to review, and several lucky ones were promised Spyder III Pro's, but the design is apparently still being finalized.

Edit 3: You may or may not have been here for some of this, so pardon any mentions of anything you already knew

Yea, I myself got an Evo and was promised a Spyder III :D
Fine lasers, those Evo's.

Would you mind going more in depth on the 12x's, the fiasco, and the kenometers?
It kinda sucks using a blackberry for a forum :(
Ill have my internet next week though. *phew*.

12x's are available for $210 on NewEgg, I'm not entirely sure about them though, I lost track of the threads. Concerning the fiasco...scammer named Tyler was ripping people off, and overcharging on his builds (like mad), even started arguing with Dave, (Niko made a funny little flash animation about it), and perhaps most interesting, Ken has started selling Kenometer Lite's (kind of like the originals), and Pro's, which are quite intricate and awesome, you'll have to ask him about the details, I've lost track of those threads as well. One more note on the fiasco, avoid DarkLasers.com, it's his personal site.

Rob

Welcome back! While I may not have know you before you left, your guide that is stickied has helped me a lot! Thank you for that great write up!

BTW you missed a lot of drama but I'm sure the Vets can fill you in on that.

jayrob

Spyderz20X6, I was wondering what ever happened to you. Welcome back!

Any new jay-creations (or any creations for that matter)?
Any new drivers/items people are selling?

Sorry for all the questions :p
I've been gone a long time, and it feels good to be back!

I do have a few new kits, and a 650-G-1 glass lens mod for red now too. Everything is listed for easy browsing with pictures here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/jayrob-build-kits-lenses-other-stuff-listed-here-44227.html

Hey Spydy....
were you gone.....:thinking::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Welcome back...;) and like Prototype already said...

"you've got a bit of reading ahead of you."

Jerry

Welcome back!

I, too, have learned a lot from your "Pro Tips w/ Spyderz20x6: Building your first DIY Laser!" thread. Awesome info for beginners like myself.

Thank you!

Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome back!
For the beginners, I'm glad that my guide helped them out :)
I should be on the forum more often next week, so feel free to contact me :)

P.S.
I see everyone's rep power grew and mine stayed the same :p

Welcome back!!! Don't worry about your rep power, it's sure to grow now that you have returned.