Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Igniscunt name change > ignisparva

Status
Not open for further replies.

ped

Name change has been processed by Ave , however he's lost the REP he'd received on his old username.

Feel free to leave a little + REP for him to get the ball rolling :thanks:

Hey Ped I just went to give him some rep, but his old rep (inc. a recent one from me) was already there?:thinking: Anyway looks like his rep is intact and his rep points will be shown when he hits 50 posts.

cheers for the info. :beer:

Last edited:
Hey Ped I just went to give him some rep, but his old rep (inc. a recent one from me) was already there?:thinking: Anyway looks like his rep is intact and his rep points will be shown when he hits 50 posts.

cheers for the info. :beer:

Hi grainde,

Its actually a name change not a new account, so all the exisiting rep is still there.

Great on name change but Have to ask what inspired the old name..the last 4 letters ?

I was something to do with the god of fire IIR or some sore of diety of fire ??

LaZeRz

Yeh, it had a meaning in Latin which was something to do with fire.

regardless ...ts was, at best, a stoopid choice, - the first I saw it i was sure it was the doings of TJ..he used Ignis once already- if that word is used a lot by anyone i hope they do not also kiss their mothers with the same mouth.

While not strictly inforced use of such profanity is not allowed by the TOS that we ALL agree to follow when we join LPF- take that crap to channel 4 or whatever it is. It has no place here..

hak

That sort of mindset is equivalent to freshmen laughing at the word "gay" in old books, used for happy.

It had nothing to do with profanity, it was only misconstrued to be so.

Ok how about you going before a judge(ESPECIALLY a lady judge) and using that word- will you at 19 years old feel the need to correct him/her?
its a filthy word today were we are all at NOW - and has NOTHING to do with the past and is very degrading/sexist towards women.

Would you like someone to call your sister, mom or grandmother that word??

just let it go-dood

the harder you try to impress me the worse light i see you in.

I'm not trying to impress you, and if you see me in poor light, I am sorry.

It has been PROVEN in this thread by a third party that it was a Latin phrase in regard to fire. Ignis, fire (ignite?). It was a coincidence, that should be VERY obvious.

Would I choose it for my username? No. Do I think a better name could have been chosen? Yes. Can it be misconstrued? Yes. However, that does not take away from the fact that it was not the intentions of the individual to use it in that way.

Just like it wasn't the intentions of Shakespeare to entertain 13 year old children worldwide with the word "gay".

Also, this isn't supposed to "impress" anyone, I could care less if you are impressed. This is me simply playing the devil's advocate. Something more people should start doing, and STOP giving in to the norm. I cannot stand it when people blindly ignore the other side of an argument, because they cannot stand losing. I'm sorry Len, but that sort of behavior I just cannot stand. It stinks ripe with arrogance. I work with a person who will retort to any argument against him simply with "nope" or a synonym. It pisses me off, by far more than anything else.

And I will not simply "drop it", simply because both sides have not been addressed. I agree it was a poor choice, but it has nothing to do with violating the language regulations set on the board. If someone was raised saying "ass" instead of "donkey" would they receive a similar response? Doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.