Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

Congrats....G2 or G1?

G1. A few weeks after ordering, I got an email asking which model I wanted, and there was an semi-automated response system set up in email.
I REALLY didn't want a uProcessor inserted into power path of the thing!

Ash

G1. A few weeks after ordering, I got an email asking which model I wanted, and there was an semi-automated response system set up in email.
I REALLY didn't want a uProcessor inserted into power path of the thing!
I actually like the 4-modes of the G2. :D It is a hassle to get on at first, though. (press, press, press, hold, hold) :eek:
But, that's why a DIY is nice. ;)

I actually like the 4-modes of the G2. :D It is a hassle to get on at first, though. (press, press, press, hold, hold) :eek:
But, that's why a DIY is nice. ;)

Ok, so if there is a uProc in-line, I'd rather have a power up/down rocker switch under a silicone seal. The turn on code thing would just make me scream!

My DIY 445nm is more of a lab laser but works from 200ma on up!
1W (really) 445nm Dorky Overkill (bitchin)

What's the street value on these G1 Arctics?

I may be selling mine ot pay some unexpected bills this month.
Mine has a measured 1.3mrad and everything functions just fine on it.
WL still hasn't sent the damn lens kit I ordered and payed for... :mad:

ppctx

there's no way you could sue someone on ebay for not providing safety goggles.
the case would thrown out faster than your retinas would pop.

I finally got mine last week. I ended up getting the G2 with the "smart switch". While I like the fact most people won't be able to just pick it up and use it, it is a bit of a pain to turn on. I wish they left the button as an instant on/off switch and used a key switch at the tail cap. They could make a mode selector by adding a ring near the "smart key" button is. I'm not thrilled that it always starts with flashing low powered and then you have to change it to constant, and then change it to high powered.

I must say the power is pretty impressive. I also appreciate the fact they included a training lens, though I must admit I didn't use it for long. The goggles they sent are junk and not up to par for a laser this powerful. I went and ordered a pair of OD 7+ from OEM Laser Systems (not cheap by the way, but I only have one pair of evey!) and I received those well before I got my Arctic. I think the goggles that Wicked sent with the Actic are okay for viewing non-reflective objects for a short time, but they certainly aren't strong enough for refections off light colored or shiny objects.

While I am impressed by the power and overall build of the laser. The host is very cool looking and feels very sturdy. I kind of looks like a light saber. I wish the beam was round instead of rectangular. I also wish the beam could be focused better. Maybe I am expecting too much for something at this price point.

Overall, I would say it was worth the $199 selling price and worth the long, but annoying wait. The switch really needs some work as the current design is annoying.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll leave it alone for now. I'm afraid I'll void the warrenty on the darn thing. It took me long enough to get it!

Received my G2 on Oct. 1. Order number 491XX, June 14. Cleared JFK customs in one day. Everything I ordered was in the package, including the lens cleaner and extra goggles. They are shipping with orange MNKE IMR-18650 batteries now.

Laser quality is fine. The host is clean and unblemished. Divergence was measured at 1.7 mrad without adjusting the focus. I haven't yet tested the full power lifetime of fully charged batteries, but it appears to be in excess of one hour. I do understand the limitations of the WL-supplied goggles, but they appear to be satisfactory for general-use indoors protection from reflected light. Outdoors, of course, the laser is astonishingly bright at night. I'm a happy camper. Color me blue!

Thanks to the info here, I just cancelled my order for my Arctic I placed back in September. Number 69xxx. Let's see how long it actually takes to "cancel" it completely now. Spartan (Dragonlasers.com) here I come! They are back in stock now too!

My arctic is currently at Canada customs, should pass through today and be in my hands in 2-3 days.

Thanks to the info here, I just cancelled my order for my Arctic I placed back in September. Number 69xxx. Let's see how long it actually takes to "cancel" it completely now. Spartan (Dragonlasers.com) here I come! They are back in stock now too!

Well, actually they cancelled it within 12 hours of me sending the email. I sent the "Cancel Order 69xxx" in the subject line, and sent it to the sales email, and CC'ed the support. Shortly thereafter I got another email from "worldpay" saying my refund has been processed.

**YAY**.. Thank you VERY MUCH guys for not letting me make a big mistake ordering one of these. I ordered a Spartain from Dragonlasers today.

Well, actually they cancelled it within 12 hours of me sending the email. I sent the "Cancel Order 69xxx" in the subject line, and sent it to the sales email, and CC'ed the support. Shortly thereafter I got another email from "worldpay" saying my refund has been processed.

**YAY**.. Thank you VERY MUCH guys for not letting me make a big mistake ordering one of these. I ordered a Spartain from Dragonlasers today.

That's great, but the Thread is called "If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here"

MojoLA

Just spoke to customer service, said my order (57xxx) shipped Oct 19 and is "in tracking," should have it next week. Really looking forward to it... I work a few miles from the HOLLYWOOD sign and it's clearly visible from the office - we're taking bets to see if it can "dot" the sign from our balcony :)