Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

idiot died doing something idiotic. (new title)

Re: teen killed because of Laser

Darwyn Award... At least it wasn't a cop and they thought it was a sight... Death penalty for annoying with a laser pointer is a bit extreme IMHO... Would have been better if they got the crap beaten out of them instead.

^ Not so sure on that one. Low power pointers, (even lower than they're supposed to be too I suspect! :D ), are available from street vendors in Greece. It's a common, cheap toy that's picked up by UK tourists, as well as many others. No need for a, "Mister Big", to distribute them.

You could be right, but my paranoia/conspiracy sense tingles when I see an out of the ordinary demonstration...

In Kyrgyzstan during the revolution many of the so called protesters were there because they were offered bread and vodka. People were bussed in from the neighboring towns and villages... Now imagine a medium sized city, not meant to support any population influx - and dump thousands of drunk people into the middle... that's the last revolution I paid very close attention to, made me something of a paranoid cynic I suppose:undecided:

Morgan

^ You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you!

M
:)

Helios

Wow this is crazy. I really think this story has nothing to do with lasers which is good. Sounds like this guy was already on the edge. If he was annoyed to the point of murder you think he would have been annoyed to the point of leaving first.

mfo

Hmmm... Darwin comes to mind...

I'm 99.99% sure that the taxi driver told the Laser jockey to stop
what he was doing before it escalated into what happened... IMO

Jerry

My thoughts exactly.

Darwyn Award... At least it wasn't a cop and they thought it was a sight... Death penalty for annoying with a laser pointer is a bit extreme IMHO... Would have been better if they got the crap beaten out of them instead.

I dunno, I think death would be an appropriate punishment for blinding me.

Teen wasn't killed over a laser. He was killed for screwing with the wrong person. Could of been a flashlight and I bet he still would of been stabbed to death.

Tonga

Says they refused to stop with the laser. When somebody says to stop harrasing them they are probably serious and pissed and to ignore them is asking for what follows. This stupidity is one of the main ingredients of what brings a lot of victims of violence into our ER.

Kevlar

Teen wasn't killed over a laser. He was killed for screwing with the wrong person. Could of been a flashlight and I bet he still would of been stabbed to death.

Well said. That's exactly what came to mind when this thread first popped up. He wasn't killed over a laser, he just annoyed the wrong person. It could of been anything.

Helios

Well said. That's exactly what came to mind when this thread first popped up. He wasn't killed over a laser, he just annoyed the wrong person. It could of been anything.

It might be a good ideal to change the title of the thread. I am sure anyone who is looking for laser related deaths on google will be linked to this page. That may not be a good thing.

It might be a good ideal to change the title of the thread. I am sure anyone who is looking for laser related deaths on google will be linked to this page. That may not be a good thing.

Personally I vote for "Idiot teen killed due to his own stupidity."

Make no mistake, This killing was not because of any laser... This killing was because of idiocity.

Make no mistake, This killing was not because of any laser... This killing was because of idiocity.

Yeah..... by the Laser Jockey...

Continue poking me in the ribs with a pointy stick after I
ask you to stop and I'd be REALLY pi$$ed off...:gun:

Jerry
(9600-364-32319)

Last edited:

true, i will change the title. you guys are all subscribed to it anyways.

michael.

I like the new title better...
It is more to the point.. IMO:crackup:

Jerry

It's funny how the title of the thread is "static" and not "dynamic". It reads different as I got to the last few posts. Most every other thing is "dynamic" content.

Edit: nevermind, it changed as I was viewing it. :tinfoil:

Last edited: