Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need yellow laser goggles! 589nm

I'm building a yellow laser by combining red and green with a dichro, I can choose the yellow/orange wavelength to suit the goggles.
I need some goggles but all I have found were some 100$ goggles! Please help.
Also if they are that expensive could I just make transparant purple safety glasses to protect me? Thanks :)

Trevor

When you mix red and green, you're not changing the wavelength of the light.

So if you want goggles for this, they must protect against red and green.

-Trevor

When you mix red and green, you're not changing the wavelength of the light.

So if you want goggles for this, they must protect against red and green.

-Trevor

I never knew that it worked like that... But the colors will be be on top of eachother and basically create a yellow color. Yellow will come out though? Do you know of any cheap goggles for this?

I never knew that it worked like that... But the colors will be be on top of eachother and basically create a yellow color. Yellow will come out though? Do you know of any cheap goggles for this?

You don't need goggles against 589nm. It's just your eye that will translate the color to yellow. Blue and green is STILL there.

This kid is 13 years young and his brain and mind is just running wild about making lasers lol
From 1 project he jumps into a new project

This kid is 13 years young and his brain and mind is just running wild about making lasers lol
From 1 project he jumps into a new project

I hate when people bring up my bouncy brain :p
I feel silly and stupid enough now that I've looked at all these weird threads I opened. I want someone to delete all my threads/posts but this one haha. Anyways for a while I've been thinking of what to put the yellow laser in. I've got a power brick from a broken Xbox 360 and I dismantled it carefully with gloves and made sure there were no charged capacitors, I removed everything and it looks like a nice labby and has a small fan in it. I may add a led glowing flat red switch, A green led glowing flat switch and a yellow glowing flat led switch, A safety covered rocket-style switch which should look pretty bad azz and dramatic. I am limited to 15mW per module for any build so this may not be the brightest thing ever. I will be using a 15mW green and 15mW 635nm red for this build and I will adjust the green for yellow mode to like 0.80mW When I click the yellow button, & the full 15mW green with the green button, No adjustments to the red.
I've edited this just to make sure it does not make stupid so at least I tried ;)
Also do you know why my 100mW 405nm from Lazerer is giving a E shape instead of a dot and not burning? When you press the switch it quickly switches to a almost full dot and brighter then back to E shape low power. No I did not expose the diode to dust in the air all day or take it apart, Change components, Overdrive the diode or use non 18350 or 60? battery's.
I also want to say that the 30mW green star cap laser for YL is the best laser I have and seems like it is really 30mW & I love the pattern.
I started learning C++ even know I already know python & free basic. Any tips?

I hate when people bring up my bouncy brain :p
I feel silly and stupid enough now that I've looked at all these weird threads I opened. I want someone to delete all my threads/posts but this one haha. Anyways for a while I've been thinking of what to put the yellow laser in. I've got a power brick from a broken Xbox 360 and I dismantled it carefully with gloves and made sure there were no charged capacitors, I removed everything and it looks like a nice labby and has a small fan in it. I may add a led glowing flat red switch, A green led glowing flat switch and a yellow glowing flat led switch, A safety covered rocket-style switch which should look pretty bad azz and dramatic. I am limited to 15mW per module for any build so this may not be the brightest thing ever. I will be using a 15mW green and 15mW 635nm red for this build and I will adjust the green for yellow mode to like 0.80mW When I click the yellow button, & the full 15mW green with the green button, No adjustments to the red.
I've edited this just to make sure it does not make stupid so at least I tried ;)
Also do you know why my 100mW 405nm from Lazerer is giving a E shape instead of a dot and not burning? When you press the switch it quickly switches to a almost full dot and brighter then back to E shape low power. No I did not expose the diode to dust in the air all day or take it apart, Change components, Overdrive the diode or use non 18350 or 60? battery's.
I also want to say that the 30mW green star cap laser for YL is the best laser I have and seems like it is really 30mW & I love the pattern.
I started learning C++ even know I already know python & free basic. Any tips?

Wow, When I read this post it looks horrible. Anyways I was diagnosed with Aspergers & PDD-NOS and no ADHD. My blu-ray 100mW's lens on the diode is cracked, The laser I got from lazerer. So sad :( It happened a couple days after I bought it and I didn't even drop it :\ Lasers are too fragile ha. And I do not have enough money to buy the parts for a green+red mixed laser.