Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need a lot of information

Hello guys/gals I am very new to lasers and need a lot of information about them.
Things i need to know:
-What are all the components of a laser
-What should I know about the power of a laser
-At what point does a laser gain the ability to burn things
-How to build lasers

Like I said I am very new to lasers and these are just the things I know I need to ask about. I am sure there are other things that involve lasers and how to use, build, and be educated on the subject and if there are important things I need to know please tell me.

The reason I am curious about these things is because I would like to build a 2-3W laser but have no clue where to start or what I will need in order to make this laser functionable and not waste money by destroying or messing something up. If you could answer my questions give me info. and even send me a link to a tutorial on how to build a 2-3w laser i would greatly appreciate it. :worthy:

Please comment or email me with answers
email:shadeslayer637@yahoo.com

Copy the relevant questions/data you want to know from your post and paste them in the search bar at the bottom of the page. I can almost guarantee faster and better results.

I take it people dont even bother doing the most basic research anymore.

Chaolock3, you are not getting off to a good start here! Fill out your profile with your location and your age, and your first post should have been in the welcome section where you will go now and tell us a little about yourself. To answer your questions you will need to do some reading here everyday for the next several months.

Alan

I am sorry guys for not searching for the answers before asking, that was dumb of me but thanks for any help. i will go fill out my profile now.

ARG

You may want to remove your email. This forum is public so it would be pretty easy for a spam bot to pick it up.

You did not even mention safety which should be your first concern. Learn how to walk before you run.

USAbro

I take it people dont even bother doing the most basic research anymore.
When you first join the forum, you don't even know there is a search. At least I didn't. However, they should know how to use Google.

ARG

When you first join the forum, you don't even know there is a search. At least I didn't. However, they should know how to use Google.

On every website worth its salt there is a search function, and if it doesn't you can (most of the time) use Google with site:<your site here>

Searching is a portable skill, you only really have to learn it once then it translates onto every website. Anyone who made it to this website can probably search on their own, there really is no excuse.

On every website worth its salt there is a search function, and if it doesn't you can (most of the time) use Google with site:<your site here>

Searching is a portable skill, you only really have to learn it once then it translates onto every website. Anyone who made it to this website can probably search on their own, there really is no excuse.

Exactly.

It would be nice if there was another search bar at the top of the page, and maybe something like a pop up saying "yo there's a search bar, fool" that came up when someone first visits LPF. This is getting to be quite ridiculous.

Last edited:

USAbro

Exactly.

It would be nice if there was another search bar at the top of the page, and maybe something like a pop up saying "yo there's a search bar, fool" that came up when someone first visits LPF. This is getting to be quite ridiculous.

Yes I agree with this. There must be a sign saying, "Search first, ask later. Get with it."

Gotta remember too that not everyone knows or is familiar with the forum format. Also not everyone wants to really join the community when they just need some info so a little understanding on our part could prevent future disasters by allowing someone to learn about lasers here rather than on their own because they were pushed away. Think they'll learn safety from kipkay? I don't think so :crackup:

yea it would be good if when a newbie clicked create thread it asked "are you sure? heres the search bar -->"