Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i keep seeing the same 1000mw/1w blue laser EVERYWHERE

hey guys

new to the forum, so please don't slay me. i used the search feature but could not find this answer...

so

Waterproof Adjust Focus Blue Laser Pointer Pen 1000mW 447nm (1 x 18650 Battery)

^^this seems to be the same exact blue laser that dinodirect, lasershine, dhgate, ankaka, gadgettown and any other wholesaler in china sells

do you guys believe that the actual quality build depends on the retailer or that it doesnt matter and that these things are being cranked out by the hundreds and the reason they look the same is ebcause THEY ARE THE SAME

thanks!

DrSid

They might not be same .. sometimes companies grab some host, and use different driver or whatever. Still these companies are not known for developing their own models, so I guess yeah, all the same.
That does not mean that there are not other lasers. I would vote for o-like.com, good compromise between quality and price IMHO. Still I don't have their 445m.

daguin

Those people/companies do NOT make the lasers. They are re-sellers/drop-shippers. There are a limited number of Chinese companies actually making these lasers. Unfortunately, you will never know which maker made the laser you order or what components were used in the laser you receive.

You pays your money. You takes your chances. :tinfoil:

The only real difference in any re-shipper/drop-shipper is customer service

If you want to "know" what you've got, build it yourself

Peace,
dave

D

Delorean Geek

It seems they are a little misleading about the beam intensity.
1000mW-447nm-Waterproof-Adjust-Focus-Blue-Laser-Pointer-Pen1-x-18650-Battery_4.jpg

This is the one sold by Rayfoss (for OP: www.rayfoss.com). I think they're the manufacturer, although i don't fully understand the system for this stuff.

The OP has clocked on something i've been wondering about. Are the DX waterproof 200mWs the same as the O-like waterproof 200mWs? Are dildas from O-like and FocalPrice the same? If that's the case, why don't we all order these common laser models from DX and FocalPrice?

D

Delorean Geek

Ohhhhh now I see, I thought that was a poor Photoshop job. Now that you pointed that out, I can clearly see that's a pond.

Krutz

..would like to get the host alone, I kinda like it. ..Whats the cheapest laser you found with it, no matter whats inside?

Manuel

daguin

This is the one sold by Rayfoss (for OP: www.rayfoss.com). I think they're the manufacturer, although i don't fully understand the system for this stuff.

The OP has clocked on something i've been wondering about. Are the DX waterproof 200mWs the same as the O-like waterproof 200mWs? Are dildas from O-like and FocalPrice the same? If that's the case, why don't we all order these common laser models from DX and FocalPrice?

Did you miss post #3?

Peace,
dave

@daguin: I did read that. Wasn't entirely sure.

So you're saying that, aside from the batteries, charger & price the only difference between this:
Old style red laser 200mW/adjustable [OLRLA200] - $43.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
and this:
$27.09 - High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) - Red Lasers
are the customer service, and that the lasers themselves are no different?

O-like checks there lasers and you should get what they claim

I bet the ones at DX are the rejects that do under...

daguin

@daguin: I did read that. Wasn't entirely sure.

So you're saying that, aside from the batteries, charger & price the only difference between this:
Old style red laser 200mW/adjustable [OLRLA200] - $43.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
and this:
$27.09 - High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) - Red Lasers
are the customer service, and that the lasers themselves are no different?

Not entirely. I'm saying that you will never know until you get the laser. The company that is actually making the lasers, use whatever components that they can get, at the time, for the cheapest price they can get them. The reseller/re-shipper/drop-shipper sends whatever the jobber has on hand at the time you order.

You might get a GREAT one. You might get a CRAPPY one. You might get one somewhere in between those two extremes. They will all "look"
the same. The difference between sellers (not makers) is whether they fix it for you if you get a crappy one (quality control and customer service).

O-like checks there lasers and you should get what they claim

I bet the ones at DX are the rejects that do under...

O-Like "says" that they check their lasers. You will find that they send out some crappy units too. Their customer service has just proven to be a bit better ;)

DX just ships whatever they get

Peace,
dave

Last edited: