Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I had a run-in with an "FBI agent" yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbi_mulder21.jpg

This is exactly what an FBI badge looks like. In this TV show they wanted everything to be as authentic to the FBI as possible. They had to change a few things about the ID badge as the FBI wouldnt let them make an exact copy for use on the show but this photo is 90% accurate. Only thing different is the border, colors, and the wording. The metal badge is the exact size and color of the real thing and every agent carries one. They are a lot smaller than a typical police badge.

I knew a guy that worked for the FBI for 6 years and his was very similiar to this. Not exactly like it but very very close. If I remember correctly his had red writing on it instead of blue but I think the color of the writing depends on where your stationed out of and what kind of field agent you are.

ixfd64

I wasn't able to get a good look at what was in the guy's wallet because he only showed it to me for a couple of seconds, but I am pretty sure he did not have anything that resembled an FBI badge. My father also confirms this.

It's too bad I wasn't able to catch the name on his ID card; my report would probably have carried a lot more weight otherwise.

Last edited:

Hazard

So what happened? Did you make your report? Was he caught? No cliff hangers please!

NoBama

he couldv'e finked on you if he wanted to. i'd be more careful with your lasers in public places!

fbi_mulder21.jpg

This is exactly what an FBI badge looks like. In this TV show they wanted everything to be as authentic to the FBI as possible. They had to change a few things about the ID badge as the FBI wouldnt let them make an exact copy for use on the show but this photo is 90% accurate. Only thing different is the border, colors, and the wording. The metal badge is the exact size and color of the real thing and every agent carries one. They are a lot smaller than a typical police badge.

I knew a guy that worked for the FBI for 6 years and his was very similiar to this. Not exactly like it but very very close. If I remember correctly his had red writing on it instead of blue but I think the color of the writing depends on where your stationed out of and what kind of field agent you are.

And this is how the CIA badge looks like in The bourne identity,...

CREDENCIAL-CIA.jpg

And this is how the MI6 badge looks like in the Bond movies :

IDSet.jpg

Mi5 :

15139164.jpg

James Bond Fantasist Michael Newitt Jailed For Pretending To Be MI5 Commander | UK News | Sky News

4859.jpg

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Cambridgeshire | Fake MI5 spy is jailed for fraud

Fake MI5 spy is jailed for fraud

A former policeman who pretended to be a secret agent has been jailed for a string of offences including fraud and firearms charges.
Peterborough Crown Court heard Marcus Alder, of Offord Darcy, Cambridgeshire, had a fake MI5 identity card and drove a BMW with the registration, MI5 SPY.
In October jurors convicted him of perverting the course of justice, perjury, fraud and other offences.
Alder, 48, who had denied wrongdoing, was jailed for 14 years.
Earlier the court heard he had pretended to be the gay lover of a wealthy friend in a effort to claim a share of the dead man's fortune.
'Motivated by greed'
He faked a suicide note after finding Philip Tyssen-Gee dead in Somersham, Cambridgeshire, in 2006 and tried to trick relatives into giving him at least £100,000, jurors were told.
Police later found a note that Alder had written on a computer in which he said: "I am just after Phil's money. It's true, I am a dodgy git but definitely hetero."
Jurors heard that Alder carried a fake MI5 identity card - which incorrectly spelled the name of the intelligence agency's director general - and drove a BMW with the registration MI5 SPY.
Marion Bastin, the Crown Prosecution Service's Cambridgeshire district Crown prosecutor, said Alder "was so motivated by greed that he used threats of violence, guns, swords and other weapons to intimidate and blackmail his victims".

:gh:

Last edited:
I was tempted to post a thread "tried to steal a guys laser this weekend by pretending to be an fbi agent," but I'd rather not deal with the people who fail to find sarcasm humorous. Too bad... it'd have been fun to watch.

to the op... there's no way this dude was an fbi agent. he wouldn't have backed down when your parents got there if he was. any guy who's an fbi agent would have had confidence in a situation like that and if anything, he'd have started talking to your parents about how "illegal" the situation was.

Folder

He looks like that guy who hosts future weapons. Probably wants to showcase your laser :D :D :D

Last edited:
I missed the picture :(

I would assume he was a fake.
first off, the act of shining a laser pointer into the sky is not a crime (yet)

The fact that he got nervous and left upon your parent's arrival is a big red flag. I would assume any real federal agent would welcome your parent's arrival so they could spank your ass for being bad.....
I think he just wanted to have that pleasure..and the arrival of your parents ruined it.

EDIT: found the picture..
I love putting faces with the the word "douche"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.