Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I finally beat Super Mario

Been playing Super Mario Brothers (the original) on my NES the past two days, had the sudden urge for some 8-bit fun. Couldn't do it, never could get to Bowser or past 8-3. Only made it to the castle three times, but this last time, first run through, I had a total of five lives (the last time I had six lives...the last one I lost because I walked off the edge of the start area :scowl:) and didn't lose one, made that final leap over Bowser and beat the game, felt awesome to watch him fall into that pit of lava. Final score was 121, 650. My highest score ever was 284,900. I managed this feat using the warp zones, the farthest straight through run (that got me 284,900 points) I've done is partway through 5-2, where the pipe takes you to the water zone, wherein I was destroyed by jellyfish. Anyone else beaten the game before (I presume at least a few of you have). :san:

Kevlar

Cool! I wish I still had all my old gaming systems. :cryyy: I think my Mom sold them at tag sales. :scowl: I'll never forgive her...

I actually miss playing Decathlon on Atari 2600, but my hand doesn't, used to get a blister right in the center of my palm.

DJNY

Thank you for helping me to look back into my childhood :p
Life was easier, but no lasers!!

TTerbo

i play supermario brothers on my 2 nintendo 64's
:na:

Thats Great!! Congrats!! At my sisters house we dug up a old Atari Video Computer System. Played Pitfall for a few hours, but didn't beat it.

s_pitfall_1.png
[/IMG]

It was a surprise how difficult it was to get the timing on the joystick or paddle(I use to be a real pro!). Good fun to go back to the day though.

Congratulations again on your achievement!

Any one want to buy a working good condition 8bit nintendo?
I dig mine out once a year fr my lan partys, Excite bike is a great game.
Along with dragon warrior.

I play it every other day on my Wii.

I love the old games they have for download on the Wii store.