Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a NUGM03 525nm 1w doide from DTR And need to know some things

-UnkownOne

So I bought this diode from dtr and was wondering if there are any drawbacks like is there anything I should know before building the laser together or if the g8 lens is a bad choice, is there gonna be a box with g8 lens or no?
Thanks, everyone, Artem

Edit: DTR wrote about this diode and others, answers are on the first-page bottom-ish, for anyone looking

Last edited:

GSS

Mine is set at 1.8A with a G2 doing 1.1W It does have a little of a box reflection with that lens. I'm sorry that's all the info I can give.
Lifetime17 built it for me so maby you can ask him. I wouldn't push it more than 1.8A though. Its just not worth it in my opinion for the extra maby 200mw to run it at 2A

Last edited:
simple way is set current same max data suggettion,1,7a-1,8a is good for this diode,it can make 1w,don't try when you start, 1w and 1.2w is same bight in your eye,you can't distinguish,and don't forget use a good driver,ACS5500BU is good
In fact, I have some 2.2A builds, but I do not recommend, you can loss diode quick I think you don't want that
Good luck for you build

-UnkownOne

Alright thanks everyone I will set to 1.8 a with g8 thanks for the info, 1.1 watts is pretty good

GSS

It's more like 1.15W:)

Like Trinh said once you get up that high it's hard to tell the difference of a few more 100 mw's.
If it's your first green at around 1W, your in for a surprised at just how bright;)

-UnkownOne

Yea not gonna lie, was really hyped for this building it on Thursday cause my friend will show some things, first, actual build, owned a few lasers, but really excited, also have a buddy with CNC machine gonna cut some grooves for 2 green tritium vitals gonna look dope

Reactions: GSS

DTR

So I bought this diode from dtr and was wondering if there are any drawbacks like is there anything I should know before building the laser together or if the g8 lens is a bad choice, is there gonna be a box with g8 lens or no?
Thanks everyone, Artem

On these they are new and a lot of TBD data. Like every new diodes from this manufacturer the only thing that I am confident in is that the block they come out of(not the diode part number we will probably never now that) is NUGM03. You can take the datasheet as a it being in the ball park. Somewhere up the chain from where they were they pass from a company has been approved by the manufacturer for use in manufacturing an authorized commercial product in this case a usually dip video projector and with various motives some are resold without authorization to a either another company that will use them or what I like to call a gray market supplier as most the time they ares not breaking any laws but who resold does put the sales contract in breach which basically can get them cut off. This guarantees that there will be no documentation provided with the diodes and all traceable marks will be removed. Here I will post this so you don't think I am waiting the thread but not replying. I am just typing out a of stuff which I have been writing a novel last night of stuff I will be posting some to do with my mention of remove the unauthorized resale deterrent feature to help curb redistributing and repurposing for unintended end use applications by integrated optics which have negative sideeffects if removed.

More to come in a few. Just pulled one of my NUGM03's out and this is how the bad code is removed on them all so they don't get traced back and the reason for the community testing we do here as they could tell us anything and there is no way to confirm other than our testing and the data we collect over time.

-UnkownOne

On these they are new and a lot of TBD data. Like every new diodes from this manufacturer the only thing that I am confident in is that the block they come out of(not the diode part number we will probably never now that) is NUGM03. You can take the datasheet as a it being in the ball park. Somewhere up the chain from where they were they pass from a company has been approved by the manufacturer for use in manufacturing an authorized commercial product in this case a usually dip video projector and with various motives some are resold without authorization to a either another company that will use them or what I like to call a gray market supplier as most the time they ares not breaking any laws but who resold does put the sales contract in breach which basically can get them cut off. This guarantees that there will be no documentation provided with the diodes and all traceable marks will be removed. Here I will post this so you don't think I am waiting the thread but not replying. I am just typing out a of stuff which I have been writing a novel last night of stuff I will be posting some to do with my mention of remove the unauthorized resale deterrent feature to help curb redistributing and repurposing for unintended end use applications by integrated optics which have negative sideeffects if removed.

More to come in a few. Just pulled one of my NUGM03's out and this is how the bad code is removed on them all so they don't get traced back and the reason for the community testing we do here as they could tell us anything and there is no way to confirm other than our testing and the data we collect over time.
Wow that information was, just insane thanks Jordan for the explanation, really helped, also thanks for responding
Also, forget the custom order again Jordan, and the email, just gonna do 1.8a to be safe, thanks again, Artsem

DTR

:coffee:
Had step away and give Aug a hand with some orders before he had to get out to the post.

Something similar on the NDG7475
Now know why the delete,thank you DTR

That is one thing every one direct sourced brand new units will have. IF there is no attempt to conceal the source then it has passed a retail sale and no longer the liability of the manufacturer. The up side is obvious. Money. I can't pretend to know the bulk discounted price different companies can negotiate but I would bet they can 3X to 10X tier cost maybe much more. The downside is it is a breach of contract penalty fees maybe left with for sure blocked future sales. Good luck in the laser projector market without blue lasers.

Check this out.

This was one of my ultimate exposing of what I am sure might have been a massive scam. By far had to be one of my personal favorite gotcha moments that probably saves a lot of people from getting ripped off. They said it was a breakthrough, revolutionary and were starting to get some attention which is what got my attention.

I thought it might be the next projector to yield a score of diodes as there was a statement about a high powerful blue and green diodes in them which we had not seen yet so took a shot.

It was the most unbelievable thing a complete sham from what looked like an up and coming company.

What to do, 🤔

Oh... I think a good ole public shaming feels about right. They were starting to get some attention and had a thread on the AVS Fourms with an interview during CES. This seemed a good venue.

I did not know enough at the time but I am now starting to think there should have been diodes in there but they sell them off and show proof of sales to say the diodes were used and not resold. They jumped on the thread right away proably freaked out that someone would expose them. That model does now show no laser in the unint on their site.

Last edited:
On these they are new and a lot of TBD data. [...] the reason for the community testing we do here as they could tell us anything and there is no way to confirm other than our testing and the data we collect over time.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you, DTR and others for testing all these diodes and optics. The data and documentations you provide have been very useful to me.

GSS

I want to take this opportunity to thank you, DTR and others for testing all these diodes and optics. The data and documentations you provide have been very useful to me.
Agreed:), he sure makes it so so so much easier..
Got to add Lifetime17 in this conversation also, as these 2 members make building a unit a breeze;)

Sumfinclever

Good choice on the NUGM03 for a beastly direct green. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on your first build. For what it's worth, my first direct green build was also with the NUGM03 just a couple months back, which I posted HERE. I wish I still had the finished handheld, but the story of where it ended up is really neat, and makes it more than worth it.