Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I better....

Hi Hap,
maybe try them to ship DHL next time. DHL packages fly through customs. When i order from Sinner its a matter of a week. Very fast shipping And i waive the signature required and they drop it off at the door. As you now the mailbox is used only for the USPS ..Well hope we get to check it out tomorrow buddy..

Rich:)

You paid $55 for the overnight shipping. What is the cost of regular shipping? Seems like they would be nice enough to refund you the difference.

You paid $55 for the overnight shipping. What is the cost of regular shipping? Seems like they would be nice enough to refund you the difference.

I believe the next option was $37 for Economy Air, so probably about 2-3 days of shipping.

Hopefully it moves this weekend, or else I'll need to call UPS and she what is going on. Shouldn't overnight mail get priority? I would think so. I mean, imagine if you had used FedEx Critical Express(which is due by the next day at 8:00am) and you find it's stuck at customs.....

o___________________________o

-Alex

Encap

I would not expect any refund from a company that has the nerve in 2016 to charge $239.00 for a 5mW 405nm laser pointer that Dragon sells a 10mW version of for $89, not to mention what one is worth used.

Looks like it is on the way and all is well -- there is no sense arguing with the shipping company, especialy when it is across international borders and custom clearance is needed.

Will be interesting to hear if the beam of a 5mW 405nm can be seen at all without fog.

I would not expect any refund from a company that has the nerve in 2016 to charge $239.00 for a 5mW 405nm laser pointer that Dragon sells a 10mW version of for $89, not to mention what one is worth used.

Looks like it is on the way and all is well -- there is no sense arguing with the shipping company, especialy when it is across international borders and custom clearance is needed.

Will be interesting to hear if the beam of a 5mW 405nm can be seen at all without fog.

I wasn't going to even ask for a refund. I understand LaserGlow/UPS have no control over what happens when a product enters a countries borders. If on the other hand, they purposely delayed it, then I would ask for one.

Also Encap, have you seen my thread about how DragonLasers tried to get out of refunding me? They came through in the end but Im skeptic about buying from there.

Also, I like paying top dollar for my lasers, wether they be 100mW's or 5mW's. Thats just the way I am, :)

-Alex

Last edited:

I take it you don't have a 405nm, they are really dim. I would be interested to see if a 5mW beam can be seen at all with fog.

Alan

^I will do the test with my fog machine once it arrives then! :yh:

-Alex

Thanks, I am sure others may be interested too, I predict lots of fog and lights off for a visible beam, maybe even then it might not be visible but I am guessing it could be if in the dark.

Alan

Little late to the thread but man, that's definitely a buzzkill

I agree with IE 100%, getting overnight shipping for something that will go through customs can be a lost cause :p

The waiting and anticipation is the worst, though. I actually find it easier waiting for a package that will take a month to get here from China with no tracking, rather than to wait for one coming from the US with tracking. Can't stand going each day refreshing the tracking and waiting for that thing to get here :crackup:

And it doesn't help when you gotta get through a weekend knowing that there is absolutely no chance you will get it delivered for 2 days... Where I live there is and never will be such thing as delivery on Saturdays :(

Why does waiting have to suck so bad :crackup:

SyKo

Hi Hap,
maybe try them to ship DHL next time. DHL packages fly through customs. When i order from Sinner its a matter of a week. Very fast shipping And i waive the signature required and they drop it off at the door. As you now the mailbox is used only for the USPS ..Well hope we get to check it out tomorrow buddy..

Rich:)

They may cost a fair bit more but DHL has been wonderful (Apart from a delivery guy walking into my house to toss a package down the hallway but hey...)

Not too relevant but i reliably get packages delivered from China to Australia in 3 days, no more no less.

I don't see why they even offer overnight/next day delivery for international packages as common sense easily kicks in and says that is not going to happen.
That is simply a money making ploy on LaserGlows part off of impatient buyers.

^Hahaha, indeed Laser Chick!

Oh well, lesson learned. I'll stick to ground shipping, never had a problem with that.

@Plasma

Yes, it sucks :(

-Alex