Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion Laser Power Meter For Sale: 2W, 6W, & 20W Version

Re: Hyperion Laser Power Meter For Sale: 2W & 6W Version

Thread updated.

Added:
Shipping cost using registered airmail is $12 to USA and $17 to EU country, delivery time is longer than EMS and can reach ≥30 days!

So the cheapest combination of complete set of LPM + worldwide shipping is now Hyperion Cuprum by using registered airmail: $75 + $12 = $87

I bet you can't find something like this on the other places :D
cheers

Please pm me when your PayPal is in order. I am interested in purchasing one.

Edit: Payment sent :yh:
How long does shipping usually take to the US?

Mine took about 10 days to get to me here in Virginia.

Mine took about 10 days to get to me here in Virginia.
Nice:yh:
Edit: recieved it a week or so ago. Seems pretty accurate. I should have gotten the larger sensor. The default one is small and I have to converge some of my beams to fit the sensor. I need to build a container for it

Last edited:

News:

Temporarily out of stock. :sold:

But worry not, i'll assemble more.

gji25

ordered one today. I,ll let you know when it arrives :yh:

Nice:yh:
I should have gotten the larger sensor. The default one is small and I have to converge some of my beams to fit the sensor.

If you are measuring a multimode diode laser, you can point the beam diagonally to fit the beam without converging it.
I've tested the beam dimension using G1 G2 G7 and 3El Lens, the beam could fit when focused to infinity, some need to be pointed diagonally e.g when you are measuring NUBM07E + G2. :beer:

FYI, the bigger sensor has slower response time. See graph above :D

ordered one today. I,ll let you know when it arrives :yh:

Don't worry, me too always keep the tracking number in check including yours which should be end to end trackable.
This need to be done since some delivery courier are delivering the item when the person not in their home thus the receiver need to pick it up with some time limit or else it will be returned to me. :beer:

Reactions: GSS

If you are measuring a multimode diode laser, you can point the beam diagonally to fit the beam without converging it.
I've tested the beam dimension using G1 G2 G7 and 3El Lens, the beam could fit when focused to infinity, some need to be pointed diagonally e.g when you are measuring NUBM07E + G2. :beer:

FYI, the bigger sensor has slower response time. See graph above :D
Yeah I figured that out. Maybe a suggestion to confirm some of the options with the buyer during communications. I would have opted for the larger sensor had I been paying attention. I saw it as an option after I had recieved the LPM. Not really an issue for me. I just overlooked that detail. Still a neat gadget. ;)

Yeah I figured that out. Maybe a suggestion to confirm some of the options with the buyer during communications. I would have opted for the larger sensor had I been paying attention. I saw it as an option after I had recieved the LPM. Not really an issue for me. I just overlooked that detail. Still a neat gadget. ;)

Well i always thought the buyer has had read all those options, because some really did ask which sensor/coating is better, etc. :D

But i'm glad you liked it :beer:

AaronT

I received my LPM today and as you can see from my sig I have metered my collection. I ordered on Dec 7th VIA cheapest shipping and it arrived here in Montana today the 29th.

I noticed my 638nm wouldn't meter but I think it is under 1mW.

Also the display started with a clear high contrast at full brightness and was easy to read. However the display lost contrast toward the end of the metering session. I have tried adjusting brightness but that doesn't effect the contrast issue other than now being easiest to read in the dark at low brightness.

The 9v is good. Not sure what the problem is.

I received my LPM today and as you can see from my sig I have metered my collection. I ordered on Dec 7th VIA cheapest shipping and it arrived here in Montana today the 29th.

I noticed my 638nm wouldn't meter but I think it is under 1mW.

Also the display started with a clear high contrast at full brightness and was easy to read. However the display lost contrast toward the end of the metering session. I have tried adjusting brightness but that doesn't effect the contrast issue other than now being easiest to read in the dark at low brightness.

The 9v is good. Not sure what the problem is.

This was happening to me sometimes as well and I found that switching the battery works pretty well. Also after about 5-10 minutes the display seems to Dim for me as well.

AaronT:
You can adjust the contrast by turning the potentiometer at the middle of the board.

Lildutchboy7:
Do you mean "the display" that dimmed as the black text of the LCD?

Have you all tried using alkaline battery or powering it directly using USB port?
I'm not sure what happened here i guess but some of the LCD seems sucking more power then. I need to reproduce the problem here to know what was going on.

AaronT

9v - Ran 20 min before I noticed loss of contrast. My battery tester puts the 9v at 90% or better.

USB - Ran 30 min no loss of contrast, however the contrast isn't quite as good as the start of the 9v test.

I adjusted the "contrast pot" and it works as it should, I set it for best contrast before the timed testing.

Thanks for the information!

i can tell that you are measuring the battery independently right? i mean, when the battery is not connected to the system, it can give you a voltage while there is no current drawn.
when you measure the battery while it's connected to the board, i'm sure there is more voltage drop.

The minimum recommended battery voltage is 7.5V to give 5V to the component on the board after going through 5V regulator.
If using USB, the 5V from USB powered the component on the board directly without going through the regulator.

BTW forgot to say,
for <1mW laser, you might need to turn on the digital filter and need longer exposure for the sensor to pick up meaningful heat with high SNR (signal to noise ratio) :beer:

AaronT

First of all I am perfectly happy with the Hyperion LPM after my little test/diagnosis. I don't mind that it prefers topped off 9Vs when most of the time a USB port is convenient.

Battery on it's own: 7.95v, same with 9v adapter connected.

Battery while powering LPM with sensor connected (measured at battery terminals): 7.1v

So I'm right under that 7.5v min but just barely.

In the other digital mode I'm getting about .003mw of noise and got a .005mw reading for the 638nm pen.

Ok I was typing as I was testing. I switched back to the other digital mode and now the meter won't read anything, tried switching back nothing, tried powering it off then on, 9v and USB, nothing. I went through all the settings as well.

It is as if it has lost calibration. However with or without the sensor plugged in the meter still reads noise.

Last edited:

First of all I am perfectly happy with the Hyperion LPM after my little test/diagnosis. I don't mind that it prefers topped off 9Vs when most of the time a USB port is convenient.

Battery on it's own: 7.95v, same with 9v adapter connected.

Battery while powering LPM with sensor connected (measured at battery terminals): 7.1v

So I'm right under that 7.5v min but just barely.

In the other digital mode I'm getting about .003mw of noise and got a .005mw reading for the 638nm pen.

Ok I was typing as I was testing. I switched back to the other digital mode and now the meter won't read anything, tried switching back nothing, tried powering it off then on, 9v and USB, nothing. I went through all the settings as well.

It is as if it has lost calibration. However with or without the sensor plugged in the meter still reads noise.

I would suggest taking a current reading at the Battery terminal
and ask astralist if that reading is within his specs. I would suspect
that the current draw would be quite low when running on a standard
9 Volt battery.

On a side note...as astralist stated.. his circuit uses a 5Volt linear
regulator and for it to function properly it will require at least 7.5V
on it's input. Under 7.5 volts it will drop out of regulation.

If your 9 volt battery reads less than that then it must be replaced.
If your car battery's voltage is too low and it will not keep a full
charge and won't start your car..... you would need to replace your
battery.

Jerry