Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hurricane Harvey

Rivem

Really hoping the water will go down soon for them. There seem to be a lot of people still stranded by the floods.

Last edited:

If you are able... How about some news Hak
on your situation. Looks really crappy down
there according to the NEWS.

Jerry

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I know that Len used to go to the local McDonalds for their wi-fi connection, since IIRC he only had dial-up service at home.
Hopefully, he's just having a lack of power, or travel issues, and is riding this out 'high and dry' at home, and will check in with a status report asap! :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I just sent him a visitor message. Not a good time for Texas. Louisiana is next to be hit, although probably won't be as bad as what the Houston area received.

diachi

I am supposed to always have a cane in one hand.. mostly as a way to prevent falls.. ahhh I try but both hands are often needed and I try to maintain balance and slow down.. I have fallen but catch myself or tucknroll

This is how I'll picture you from now on, Len:

giphy.gif

Hope you're doing OK down there! :undecided:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's perfect Diachi. :p
And, yes a lot of people are hoping you are ok Len.

Yes, please stay safe. It was only a few days ago we were talking about other member's problems and wondering how to get them back. I hope you are okay, Len.

Rivem

A bunch of folks from where I used to live in Florida just got to Houston to help with rescue and recovery efforts. A lot of my friends in Texas are also helping now. Definitely good to hear.

Hope to hear from you soon Len.

Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That is very good news. Great humanity.
He was on private messaging at 17 hours ago, which could be a good sign.

GSS

I was waiting for Hak to post..This early morning I got a PM from him after I sent him a few over the days..
As far as I know the water hasn't reached him yet enough to cause any serious issue's as he lives a snitch below the major flooding.:):can:
As far as his internet connection's I don't know what issue's he might be having..
I should of posted earlier but he said he would chime in..Seeing everyone is worried I just had to speak for him.
Curtis, it was at 12:55AM forum time..

Last edited:

diachi

I was waiting for Hak to post..This early morning I got a PM from him after I sent him a few over the days..
As far as I know the water hasn't reached him yet enough to cause any serious issue's as he lives a snitch below the major flooding.:):can:
As far as his internet connection's I don't know what issue's he might be having..
I should of posted earlier but he said he would chime in..Seeing everyone is worried I just had to speak for him.
Curtis, it was at 12:55AM forum time..

Glad to hear he's still OK. Wouldn't expect much activity from him just now, I imagine there are power and connectivity issues.

Also, forum time different based on your settings, it displays the time for whatever timezone you have it set to. Defaults to UTC or GMT I think.

GSS

Yup it s showing GMT currently 7:20PM which is 3:20PM Eastern US my time..