Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

http://www.laserpointersafety.com/

Morgan

Hey All,

I was thumbing through some old, (2008), threads and found this website I had never heard of and thought it might be a good one to bookmark.

Interesting info on proposals to regulate possible extraction of future diodes in light of the new blue.

Bit of spamming maybe but in a good cause. I will post this in the, "General", section too but it is particularly relevant to the Casio owners.

Hope others find this as useful as I did.

Laser Pointer Safety - Tips on keeping laser pointers safe and legal

Thanks,

M
:)

... Hope others find this as useful as I did.

Laser Pointer Safety - Tips on keeping laser pointers safe and legal

Thanks,

M
:)

It is... I read the information, but this part just scared the heck out me is where they talk about the WL Spider III 1W laser:

"At 700 feet, there may be a spot on the retina; at 1 foot there will be a “pop” as the retina bursts and the eye fills with blood."

Hope this brief, but gruesome, paragraph serves as a reminder to ALL OF US how dangerous WL's laser is, as well as those we are building.

Jose

Reading through the FAQ on safety, there is mention of a "monkey film" that...well I won't go into detail as some of you may know of it already, but it shows what lasers can do, but as the power is unknown, this is relative only to higher powered lasers in general. I think this will serve as a good warning to everyone.

http://www.rog8811.com/lasersarenottoys.htm That too, that helps.

Last edited:
Bump for safety.

Once people start grabbing up the Arctic the ophthalmologists will make a killing.

Sad, really.

Morgan

bump

Peace,
dave

Thanks for the bump Dave and the additions by the rest. I thought this one had slipped by almost unnoticed. I thought it was quite a good one too.

M:)

Last edited:
The pop effect is usually caused by pulsed lasers like yag and ruby. Check out my video zapping stuff and that's what it would do to the back of your eye. One direct or reflected hit-Pop or no pop- the result is the same- TOTALLY BLIND... get some f'ing safety glasses!

LSRFAQ

The pop effect is usually caused by pulsed lasers like yag and ruby. Check out my video zapping stuff and that's what it would do to the back of your eye. One direct or reflected hit-Pop or no pop- the result is the same- TOTALLY BLIND... get some f'ing safety glasses!

Safety glasses are not a catch all Panacea. They do not control the unpredictable things that can happen while working with dangerous materials or dangerous lasers. You HAVE to plan ahead and control your environment.

Steve