Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for All"

How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for All"

Hi All,

So i made a video today for you all on How To Make DIY Fog Cheap and Easy.:san: For those that like to view there beams take photos of beams etc. That dont want to buy a Fog Machine well Here you go.

The Vegetable Glycerin "VG" is water vapor which does not leave a residue on you personal items like smoke does. In a Fog Machine Liquid it uses the same stuff but mixed with water so it does not clog your machine up. This method that i show you in the video is how i create my fog for Beam shots.:D

If you want to fog up a room where there is no stove in the room just heat the pot up some and take the pot in the room you would like to fog up and drop a couple drops into the hot pot and it will still work great.:beer:

I also want to mention that you dont want to heat up the pot very hot. If you get the pot To hot the "VG" will just bead up and will take longer for it to evaporate. So just heat the pot when its slightly hot and when you drop a couple drops in it, it evaporates in a couple of seconds.;) That is the Sweet spot and works the best.:wave:

So if your in the market for a Fog machine i would hold off on it and give this a try. I know that it will work perfects for our needs with lasers.

There is no mess or cleaning like in a Fog Machine.:D When finish it leave no residue in the pot so a little rinse of water or put it in the Dishwasher and you are good to go.:)

For $4 dollars you cant go wrong. The size bottle that i show in the video will last several years before you need to buy anorther one, which is awesome.:wave:

Fog Video I Made:

I hope this has helped.

:thanks: For Looking.

Last edited:

Vega

Re: How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better. "Cheap & Easy for All"

just out of curiosity, any idea if this could or would set off smoke alarms?
by the way , cool video!

TTerbo

i got a cheapo kettle and used the same method...

just out of curiosity, any idea if this could or would set off smoke alarms?
by the way , cool video!

Thank, I Just test this out on my fire alarm and it dint set it off. It is water vapor not smoke so i dont think it would. But it could be different on other fire alarms.:)

i got a cheapo kettle and used the same method...

Cool. Yea i feel that this is the cheapest and most effect route to crating fog DIY Style.:D

Edit:

Here is a Pictue of the Glycirin they sell in Craft Stores.:)

Last edited:
Re: How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for

But what does it smell like? Would my wife come home from work and ask what the hell I was burning? Neither of us smoke cigarettes so we can smell if something is amiss.

Re: How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for

It does not smell like anything. If you ever smelled a fog machines fog, its exactly the same. Its smells like misty water vapor but goes away after a few seconds.:)

It does not leave a film or anything that smoke would leave on your furniture.

Thats great!!! Thank you for showing this. I have been looking for a fog machine but never got around to it and this will be a good way to get fog. I used to use this stuff called laser beam visualizer spray, nova lasers sold it but then they discountinued it and never found a replacement till now. will try this very soon.

NP. Glad i could help.:)

This diy fog trick is great. I have fog, yay!

I can say this works. No noticeable smell either. Thanks Lazeerer!

4479-img_0309.jpg

8 oz. bottle of glycerin purchased from Hobby Lobby for $3.47 and liquid scent burner the wife got as a gift.

4480-img_0314.jpg

A taller votive candle would help put out more fog.

Thats great!!! Thank you for showing this. I have been looking for a fog machine but never got around to it and this will be a good way to get fog. I used to use this stuff called laser beam visualizer spray, nova lasers sold it but then they discountinued it and never found a replacement till now. will try this very soon.

^^^ PUT 'fog in a can' in google search--many hits-- here is but one:

Fantasy FX Professional Haze in a Can 8oz. aka Fog-in-a-can Diffusion in a Can SHIPS BY GROUND ONLY.

BTW foggers DO set off smoke alarms- you can cover with a plastic bag or take out the 9V but DONT FORGET TO RETURN IT TO A WORKING STATE.

a fire can spoil your entire day.

hope this helps

hak

ps AFAIK you can use bug fogger with fogger fog juice-but I recommend the kind you do not have to pump by hand..way too much work IMO.

AND NEVER use insect killer fog juice indoors!!!!!!!--cough cough

Last edited:

benmwv

I do this exact same thing, and it works great.

I got the idea from watching how it's made episode about smoke machines. It told about how fog juice was just water plus glycerin.

Yea, I got the Idea from Electronic Cigarettes, witch is what i use instead of Real Cigarettes. They use the same stuff to Create Fog aka"smoke"..

I even tried adding some banana extract flavoring and the fog smells like banana's.:)

CDHDC

Yea, I got the Idea from Electronic Cigarettes, witch is what i use instead of Real Cigarettes. They use the same stuff to Create Fog aka"smoke"..

I even tried adding some banana extract flavoring and the fog smells like banana's.:)

That's awesome;) Maybe vanilla?

That's awesome;) Maybe vanilla?

Yes. But to be honest with you not sure if the smell sticks. So i would just leave it plain.:)

Unless you dont care about having slight smell after word for a few hours.

The smell dint stick as i didn't put alot of extract. Not even 1 drop of extract to 30 drops of Pure Vegetable glycerin and then shack it up and only drop 2 to 3 drops of that in the pan.:)