Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for All"

Re: How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for

I know a way to make orange "fog". It involves dropping a copper penny in nitric acid. Almost won me the
"Darwin Award"™ once.

Re: How to Make Fog Without a Fog Machine For better beam viewing. "Cheap & Easy for

The best way to color fog (as per one of the special effect demo guys on "Breaking Bad"), is through using lights in it.

He also taught me that to get the kind of fog that hugs the ground, you need to cool the fog after you create it. I'm not quite sure how to make that happen with some of these previously suggested methods, but on a normal fogger, you pipe the fog into a stryofoam cooler with ice in it.

Just don't melt the stryofoam with whatever you're heating the glycerin with.. I seem to recall that burning styrofoam creates toxic smoke? Despite being the best way to shape/cut/carve styrofoam.. (with heated cutting wires).

^^^ I took a lunch box cooler filed it with ice or even better dry ice and thru a 1inch hole in each end attached to a cheap fogger and in a roon w/o air movement it stays thick and near the floor.

some of this thread has some kinda scarey posts- possible injury etc

SO...

just read this thread and save yrself a lotta time and possible danger!!

http://laserpointerforums.com/f46/foggers-its-time-get-you-one-85651.html

Last edited:

I know a way to make orange "fog". It involves dropping a copper penny in nitric acid. Almost won me the
"Darwin Award"™ once.

Yup, done that too.
In a confined space that Nitrogen Dioxide is quite toxic.

I was just thinking about the making of smoke. I have made a small smoke maker with an old soldering iron with a wrap of copper tube around it .

I injected mineral oil/ and better still Glycerine into the tube when it was hot. Lots of smoke produced!

http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/smokegun.html

One could even use a hotplate and rig up a cheap but effective smoke maker.

Last edited:

NO4H99

I use an alcohol burner. Small, cheap, and effective. The glycerin heats up in seconds.

Will this condensate on things at all?

Last edited:

NO4H99

Glycerine? No, it'll just go away in an hour or less