Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How old are we?

How old are we?

• 13 and under

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • 14-17

Votes: 127 24.1%
  • 18-22

Votes: 129 24.4%
  • 23-30

Votes: 101 19.1%
  • 31-40

Votes: 79 15.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 46 8.7%
  • 51-60

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • +60

Votes: 12 2.3%

• Total voters

GSS

I didnt even think to look your from Canada diachi, forgive me. All I can say is keep up this maturerity into adulthood and you will all go places:)

Last edited:

diachi

I didnt even think to look your from Canada diachi, forgive me. All I can say is keep up this maturerity into adulthood and you will all go places:)

Just to confuse things even more, I'm actually from Scotland! I moved to Canada around 3 years ago. :D It's all good though :)

Thanks! :)

A tiny bit off topic but it is really nice to see many young adults on here :) The world needs more people like this who are interested in fields like this.
Possible engineers later hopefully, yeah baby!!
The USA/world needs to "worship" and support intelligent people more and drugged up, people using horrible role models that are always in the news less.
Congrats to all you kind, young mature people <3 :)

OVNI

Hi Laser Chick,
I'm going to guess you meant "intelligent people more than drugged up". I too am happy to see young people taking an interest in STEM. I didn't really get interested in technology until my 40's. Now that I'm thinking about it, that was about the same time my cat (and dog for U LC :beer:) allergies faded. :thinking: Cats also led me to lasers ... :tinfoil:

A tiny bit off topic but it is really nice to see many young adults on here :) The world needs more people like this who are interested in fields like this.
The USA/world needs to "worship" and support intelligent people more and drugged up, people using horrible role models that are always in the news less.

I hope this isn't considered 'bad form' :undecided: I see this thread is still going so ... I posted the pic below in the post-pic-of-yourself thread and owe them a recent one. From the furniture in the background, anyone hazard a guess as to how old we are today?

M.aspx

OVNI

Last edited:

Yes not many good role models for young people, especially the girls, I don't want them all to want to grow up to be like Miley Cyrus. :crackup: She is hot but if I had a young daughter I wouldn't even let her watch her videos.

Hi Laser Chick,
I'm going to guess you meant "intelligent people more than drugged up". I too am happy to see young people taking an interest in STEM. I didn't really get interested in technology until my 40's. Now that I'm thinking about it, that was about the same time my cat (and dog for U LC :beer:) allergies faded. :thinking: Cats also led me to lasers ... :tinfoil:

I hope this isn't considered 'bad form' :undecided: I see this thread is still going so ... I posted the pic below in the post-pic-of-yourself thread and owe them a recent one. From the furniture in the background, anyone hazard a guess as to how old we are today?

M.aspx

OVNI

Antique clock radio in the background, I will guess at least as old as me, I will be 54 in February.

Alan

OVNI

Antique clock radio in the background, I will guess at least as old as me, I will be 54 in February.

Alan

You are correct. Picture was taken in 1959. We were born the year before making us 57 this year. :beer: :beer:

OVNI

Last edited:
I was born Nov. 1957, same era. When I looked at the graph of member ages (at least, responses) I thought, why is that graph so little on the end? I'm I about to disappear?

GSS

I was born in sep, 1962 its weird because when I was young I would of saw you two o alot older and would of either looked up to you or feared you. but now looking at the pics and seeing everything, its the same stuff that I grew up with and we are both from the same timehoood. The 5 years difference is nothing. Alaskan im shocked too at that graph I thought their were way more of ore age:thinking:

Gabe

But seriously, why are there so many votes in the 14-17 range? Nearly all of the active members I've seen don't fall into that category... Do us teenagers just like taking polls then just dipping?

GSS

But seriously, why are there so many votes in the 14-17 range? Nearly all of the active members I've seen don't fall into that category... Do us teenagers just like taking polls then just dipping?
Thinking the exact same or you young just want us in nurseing homes:yabbem:

The older I get the younger some people seem to me. Also, the further ahead being old is, now I think 80 is old, younger than that, not so old. One thing though, I've lost my fear of death, humanity is so screwed up it will be a pleasure to leave you all to yourselves. Maybe in another 1000 years we will be kind, loving and constructive beings, as it is, it's a dog eat dog world too much of the time.

Of course, I will miss some when I go, but hell, I think everyone who gets older starts to think this way, at some point. Thing is, I don't believe in death anyway, so it is easy for me to think this way, I see consciousness as primary, transcending matter & I think this is how it has always been, there can be no death when there is no birth, no beginning.

In the words of Bill Hicks:

https://youtu.be/tYwV0fqEQrw

Last edited:

Gabe

Also, it's said that as you get older years seem to go by faster... Is this true? Has somethigm to do with the fact that for example, a year when you're 10 is 10% of you're life but a year when you're 70 is 1.43% of your life. I've got nothing to compare this two, I have terrible memory for long term things... I forget about friends I've had for 4 years in not even 4 months so I wouldn't be able to tell you how life seemed 7 years ago.
I'm sorta like you Alaskan, I don't really fear death too much, except for any sadness it might put my friends or family. Except, I believe in death entirely. I understand what it likely is, just the lack of anything, conscience will cease to exist, I won't exist, like an emptiness se vast that I can't really explain it. But already it's put a meaning or a purpose to living for me. Even though I feel like I can understand why I'm concient and aware and have emotions, being aware that I'm living is such a weird byproduct of evolution that it's hard to grasp just what it means to be alive. This is all why I try to live with the least amount of regret as possible, because death is always so close and can take you at any moment. I'd much rather die before anybody else I love does, but that's just selfish. At least when I'm dead I won't know I'm dead, so there's no reason to be scared. I need sleep.

Last edited:
I used to think just that way myself, no more... I could take you step by step down the path of why I see the world differently now, but it doesn't matter at all, we are just having adventures here, some that way, some this way... some think you disappear into nothingness when you die, it's all part of the make believe reality we are in to view the world as we will.

GSS

The older I get the younger some people seem to me. Also, the further ahead being old is, now I think 80 is old, younger than that, not so old. One thing though, I've lost my fear of death, humanity is so screwed up it will be a pleasure to leave you all to yourselves. Maybe in another 1000 years we will be kind, loving and constructive beings, as it is, it's a dog eat dog world too much of the time.

Of course, I will miss some when I go, but hell, I think everyone who gets older starts to think this way, at some point. Thing is, I don't believe in death anyway, so it is easy for me to think this way, I see consciousness as primary, transcending matter & I think this is how it has always been, there can be no death when there is no birth, no beginning.

In the words of Bill Hicks:

https://youtu.be/tYwV0fqEQrw
You couldnt of said it better, knowing my time is at the end of the curve and I wont see the horrors of what might become I have less fear of dying but I do have young nieces and nephews that are on my mind. On another subject back in high school I took my first computer class I think around 1979 and the main computer was half the size of my living room and all it did was punch a series of holes on a strip of paper to feed in another, so the 5 year difference between us might of had a wow effect then. Alaskan and others our age do you think we saw the biggest advancements in mankind during our time? Moon landings, space shuttles, amazing cars, this laptop im typeing into etc. or does every generation have that feeling......Oh yes Gabe it takes forever to grow up and the last 30years just flew by!.....also yes I always think why am I me, meaning my concience in this body

Last edited: