Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How long?

I just purchased an optotronics 150mw green laser :wave: Im curious to know, how long does it take for jack to ship my laser, and how long does it take for it to come in (I used priority, not express.) thanks!

Oh no! You asked us instead of them! The question should have been rephrased to:

Hey guys (mostly guys here with rare exception), I just bought a laser from optotronics and they are telling me a week to deliver, what has your experience been, anyone?

Oh no! You asked us instead of them! The question should have been rephrased to:

Hey guys (mostly guys here with rare exception), I just bought a laser from optotronics and they are telling me a week to deliver, what has your experience been, anyone?

Oh ok... Sorry! I'm new here you know, things for me are confusing. Sorry about that...

I don't understand why it isn't people first thought to ask a forum of random people instead of the company they bought it from. Send them an email. It's like buying a phone from the carrier and asking a random person on the street how long shipping will take.

It depends on how long it gets held up in customs, that's assuming it even clears customs at all. :crackup: Don't worry too much, you will probably soon be able to have your cake and eat it too. :crackup:

Alan

It depends on how long it gets held up in customs, that's assuming it even clears customs at all. :crackup: Don't worry too much, you will probably soon be able to have your cake and eat it too. :crackup:

Alan

Customs? I thought optotronics was in the US?

Customs? I thought optotronics was in the US?

Oops yes my mistake, I was thinking of another company. Optotronics is in Colorado. Buy from them while you can, sooner or later they won't be able to sell battery powered lasers that aren't less than 5mW to US customers.

Alan

Last edited:

Pman

Everyone take a deep breathe and try not to throw around -REP. I realize these sorts of questions drive most of us batty but he did ask nicely and thanked before anyone even attempted an answer. I'm tired of this just as most of us are but can we please not get too riled up. He also apologized in his second post.
I don't like how snobbish things are becoming here regardless of how many times the same type of questions are asked over and over. New members should be allowed to get excited. We're scaring off too many people and I'm betting many don't join because of how they see others being treated. I don't have a clue who this person is but has he done anything soooo terrible? I'll take humble and respect over demanding foolishness any day of the week. Besides, no one is forcing us to answer posts we don't like......
I totally agree with Pi post #7. Up until I saw Crazy post his pen this morning I hadn't heard the name Optotronics in a long time and figured they no longer existed. Check out their site. Looks like they only have one wavelength in pen form (532nm) but lots of other stuff. Pricing seems to be more like Dragonlasers (rather high) but maybe they are really great (Crazy likes his) and at least they seem to still sell to US customers somehow. We shall see.

Last edited:
I agree with Pman, I have seen, as a noob who likes to read old posts, a lot of hatred towards newer members. The problem is, that people do read the stickies, but they don't remember every single thing. Also, what is wrong with questions? This question in particular isn't nearly as bad as most of the newbie questions (which are mostly "is this a good laser (link to underspec china site)?") and I think people should really rethink their behaviour against newcomers, who only want to expand their knowledge and are curious.

(sorry for the thread jack btw, just had to post this)

Encap

I don't understand why it isn't people first thought to ask a forum of random people instead of the company they bought it from. Send them an email. It's like buying a phone from the carrier and asking a random person on the street how long shipping will take.

Exactly--why or how would a forum of random people or anyone for that matter know about product shipping times. Common sense should tell the buyer to ask seller/vendor/shop for the real and reliable information. How hard is a phone call or email?

I agree with Pman, I have seen, as a noob who likes to read old posts, a lot of hatred towards newer members. The problem is, that people do read the stickies, but they don't remember every single thing. Also, what is wrong with questions? This question in particular isn't nearly as bad as most of the newbie questions (which are mostly "is this a good laser (link to underspec china site)?") and I think people should really rethink their behaviour against newcomers, who only want to expand their knowledge and are curious.
(sorry for the thread jack btw, just had to post this)

I agree about newcomers and people being responded to with what is taken as not so hospitable or nice some of the time but it has its limits too. Common sense should not be an LPF forum question--at least not often. Order processing and shipping times are between the buyer and seller--nobody else would know or have reason to generally speaking.

Last edited:
Ok ok ok! I got a message from jack. He shipped my item this morning and the usps tracking is reeeeaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy slow lately! It has an estimate for the third!!!!!!

Encap

Ok ok ok! I got a message from jack. He shipped my item this morning and the usps tracking is reeeeaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy slow lately! It has an estimate for the third!!!!!!

Good news.

Enjoy it!