Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hot damn I am in awe, Has anyone else here seen this POS?

Giannis_TDM

https://www.ripoffreport.com/report...f-idiots-who-think-theyre-above-everyo-777575
I am just in Awe after seeing this, No wonder their site is failing so hard it keeps begging me for donations... I really want and I may write up a few colorful words for the OP 11-year-old entitled butthurt kid who was unhappy that he didn't read up his local country laser laws and blaming LPF for it...
Here is the text on the website for people who rightfully will not visit the site giving it any more hits:
These people are a community of BLOWHARDS who think that they are above everyone else. If you are not a member of their little clicque, they will tell you wrong information and even engage in the defamation of the character of people who DO know what they're talking about. Anyone who tries to compete with the Pointer Forum's home-grown businesses selling laser parts and home-brew lasers gets dragged through the mud. Their high search-engine ranking makes them Internet visible, and unfortunately, a lot of people think they are credible - but only a few of them know what they're talking about, and the majority of them are just straight-up blowhards who know just enough about lasers to pop balloons and light cigarettes.

The forum is a front for MENSA wannabes, whose collective IQ is equal to that of a bag of rocks. If you want to buy a LASER, DON'T listen to Laser Pointer Forums - they are a bunch of fools looking to bulls**t you, disparage legitimate businesses, and rip you off. If you want a REAL LASER, then deal with a US company whose sole business is hand-held Lasers, and totally disregard Laser Pointer Forums... they are a bunch or rank amatuers and little kids using the Internet to try to make a name for themselves. Their name is now MUD!
I Really want to see that site burn to ashes...

Butt hurt he is, indeed. This is an open forum anyone can join, some know lasers, many do not, but if a laser merchant who advertises here either makes a poor product, or cheats members, they won't last long, we had one advertiser removed due to their rip off overpricing.

Last edited:

Encap

Just saw that misguided ripoff report post by someone who has no idea of what they are talking about probably a troll, spammer, banned member, or random hater for whatever reason.

LPF is not a commercial web site and doesn't sell anything, it only accepts donations and LPF owner approved advertising to offset costs so...

PS that RR post is from 2011 -- the fine print under it says: "This report was posted on ripoff report on 09/16/2011 10:22 AM "

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

Just saw that misguided ripoff report post by someone who has no idea of what they are talking about probably a troll, spammer, banned member, or random hater for whatever reasons.

LPF is not a commercial web site, it only accepts donations and LPF owner approved advertising to offset costs so...

PS that RR post is from 2011 -- the fine print under it says: "This report was posted on ripoff report on 09/16/2011 10:22 AM "
It was updated in 2016.

So they came back 5 years later just to update their hate post? 😂

He seems to be under the impression that a forum is supposed to be an encyclopedia or something, but many of us are here because lasers are our hobby and we like sharing it with others, not because we are scientists/professors/experts on lasers. (although some members might be)

@Gianakakis I understand the way you feel about them, but honestly the proven best way to deal with people like this is to not give em the light of day. Just completely ignore them and let them wither in their own hate.

Giannis_TDM

So they came back 5 years later just to update their hate post? 😂

He seems to be under the impression that a forum is supposed to be an encyclopedia or something, but many of us are here because lasers are our hobby and we like sharing it with others, not because we are scientists/professors/experts on lasers. (although some members might be)

@Gianakakis I understand the way you feel about them, but honestly the proven best way to deal with people like this is to not give em the light of day. Just completely ignore them and let them wither in their own hate.
Off subject but hey bud! Thanks again for the deal you gave me on the acs500se drivers, It was actually my first purchase on LPF too! Rn one is powering my sharp 638 and the other my special little 481.

Encap

It was updated in 2016.

The "update" was a rebuttal comment, "LPF is not a scam" posted in April 21 2016 5 years after the report was posted,
Similarly, if you post a comment today it will say undated July 18, 2020.
2016 was about the time the post was discussed here on LPF. Last post in the thread was April 21 2016 so would guess was that member or one of the others in the thread who posted the rebuttal comment back then. There are 5 pages of thread about the ripoff report here here: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/this-is-ridiculous.96183/

Seems to me dead for 9 years since 2011 or dead for 4 years since 2016 are about the same level of insignificant.

It is annoying to see because it is so "off the wall" wrong, If anything, LPF serves to help keep people from getting ripped off by pointing out/unmasking shady businesses who misrepresent lasers and related products, price gougers, and the outright scammers.

Last edited:

Snecho

THe update was a comment, "LPF is not a scam" posted in April 21 2016--Similarly, if you post a comment it will say udated July 18, 2020.
2016 was about the time the post was discussed here on LPF last post in the thread was April 21 2016 so would guess was that member or one of the others in the thread who posted the rebuttal comment back then.
There are 5 pages in thread about the ripoff report here here: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/this-is-ridiculous.96183/
Huh, apparently people have "seen this POS before."

Encap is right, @green lasers rock made a thread about it in 2016 and also posted that comment on the page at the same time.

Maybe now it's best to not dig up old skeletons meant to be buried :)

Last edited:
Just saw that misguided ripoff report post by someone who has no idea of what they are talking about probably a troll, spammer, banned member, or random hater for whatever reason.

LPF is not a commercial web site and doesn't sell anything, it only accepts donations and LPF owner approved advertising to offset costs so...

YEP I saw this quite a few years back- afaik word for word. and that may have not been the oldest ....2011 sounds right..meh.

Giannis_TDM

YEP I saw this quite a few years back- afaik word for word. and that may have not been the oldest ....2011 sounds right..meh.
It seems like they are mad, Someone must have launched a DDOS attack towards the site cause the anti-DDOS protection has kicked on and the link ain't working.