Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host’s Engineers !

I suppose I'd qualify as a "host designer."
I have plans to make a small batch of simple hosts - a few pen-style and maybe a few larger hosts for more powerful setups.
I just haven't had the time to work on it lately. @Alien Laser have you seen some of my recent builds? I have a few links in my signature. The latest is the 593.

I suppose I'd qualify as a "host designer."
I have plans to make a small batch of simple hosts - a few pen-style and maybe a few larger hosts for more powerful setups.
I just haven't had the time to work on it lately. @Alien Laser have you seen some of my recent builds? I have a few links in my signature. The latest is the 593.
I just checked the look nice
:alien:(y)

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
About the right time to hire a new employee :D

Do you need some laser host design/drawing? I could tell one of my product design engineers to make one for you for free.
It's beneficial for them as it will sharpen their skill.

I'm sure it will be easy for them as they're designing a complicated electromedical equipment design & drawing daily.
Hey I’ll take you up on that offer!! Haha

I’ve got some projects underway and plans implementing TEC plates installed within slots in the heatsinks and high speed fans on the outside.. I’ve purchased over 60 TEC plates and I’ve done quite a bit of testing with drivers to find a proper power supply for them. I’ve already started milling out some of my heatsinks with slots for 20mmx40mm TEC plates that work extremely well to keep the heatsink ice cold..

I just can’t mill deep/tight enough with my setup.. I’ve got some simple ideas that would allow for unlimited duty cycles (limited by battery capacity) and I’m also working on utilizing NUBB23/24 diode arrays for handhelds.

Also working on a simple multidiode array for handhelds as well.. let me know if you would like to have a chat and I can send over what I’ve done and my ideas.. I know the community would love the new projects..

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Here’s some of my work.. I’ve built about 20 lasers at this point, and I’m working on copper heatsinks that will have 2-3 TEC plates installed within slots made in the backside as pictured.

I also have “retrofit” high speed 8.4V fans that clip on the heatsinks and they allow for stable output of 7.2-8+W using NUBM47 and PLPT9-450LB-E diodes. I know once I get the TEC slots milled out and plates installed, I should be able to reach 10+W easily and that’s a stable 10W, which will stay at 10+W until the batteries die

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3937.jpeg
    IMG_3937.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_3935.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3934.jpeg
    IMG_3934.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    456 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3782.jpeg
    IMG_3782.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3773.jpeg
    IMG_3773.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Here’s some of my work.. I’ve built about 20 lasers at this point, and I’m working on copper heatsinks that will have 2-3 TEC plates installed within slots made in the backside as pictured.

I also have “retrofit” high speed 8.4V fans that clip on the heatsinks and they allow for stable output of 7.2-8+W using NUBM47 and PLPT9-450LB-E diodes. I know once I get the TEC slots milled out and plates installed, I should be able to reach 10+W easily and that’s a stable 10W, which will stay at 10+W until the batteries die
Amak I have really tried with you. You still haven't reached 20 minimum posts. Your sig even says "
Custom Retrofit Upgrades for the Thor H & Gatling style hosts.

Custom Convoy Host Builds Available, hit the DM"
Can you give a good enough excuse as to why you have ignored my many warnings?

Madness Laser

Not yet sometimes it takes couple days, have you see this the nice :alien:
But do you have all the most original hosts? tonight I'll dress up as an alien:alien: and steal them all.. then I'll leave you a note where the amount of the ransom to be paid is written if you want to see your hosts again..
Anyway they are beautiful, they look like hookah-type silver objects 🥈

Hi Folks,
I just didn't have the time I used to and on top of that many do not what to pay . I have a manual lathe and that take a lot of time changing tooling , chucking and polishing. Sometimes its not worth it . I might start getting back to it. But for now I been doing a lot of weight training to keep in shape at my age.So I am in my gym a lot then there's recovery time.
Rich:)94F6331C-8055-44B5-9D13-3AA9A6C5CCFD_1_105_c.jpeg5725B927-4AE1-475A-9364-2B7B62BAC8CB_1_105_c.jpegC6EC63ED-8161-4635-B3C3-26C669CD56FC_1_105_c.jpegB0144779-14F3-414E-98EA-CA42AD37FCAF_1_105_c.jpegDDBF0886-925F-49A9-ADEA-CA9720A29BAB_1_105_c.jpeg

GSS

What a awesome home setup Rich.:cool: I don't see any body workout part machine missing..

I have a little guilt trip with pushing your builds and claiming great prices. Although I think some took it to the extreme of not wanting to pay much.
Chucking and re chucking and re centering is a constant time consuming issue and a pain. Plus you got the builds out quick. I'm sure potential buyers are seeing it now with expensive quotes and long lead time from other builders.
The members that bought from you consistently I just don't see them here anymore:(

Last edited:
What a awesome home setup Rich.:cool: I don't see any body workout part machine missing..

I have a little guilt trip with pushing your builds and claiming great prices. Although I think some took it to the extreme of not wanting to pay much.
Chucking and re chucking and re centering is a constant time consuming issue and a pain. Plus you got the builds out quick. I'm sure potential buyers are seeing it now with expensive quotes and long lead time.
The members that bought from you consistently I just don't see them here anymore:(
Thank You for what you did in recommending me back then . Maybe soon I will continue with the builds there are new members here that want to get into the laser thing , but they dont realize in take money and is an expensive hobby.
Thank You Peter so much..
Rich:)

Madness Laser

@Lifetime17

Riccardo, don't talk nonsense, come on... the one in the mirrors who takes the photo with his Apple Pad, he's a kid, so don't say your age... Mr Gym, train and build as many muscles as possible, but then there's the friend manual lathe waiting for you, to create more masterpieces, don't make me come all the way to New Jersey :unsure:(y)

Madness Laser

Chucking and re chucking and re centering is a constant time consuming issue and a pain. Plus you got the builds out quick. I'm sure potential buyers are seeing it now with expensive quotes and long lead time.
St. Peter, protector of hosts.. give us the favor that you, Melo Alien, can purchase all the new builds by Riccardo, amen🙏

GSS

Thank You for what you did in recommending me back then . Maybe soon I will continue with the builds there are new members here that want to get into the laser thing , but they dont realize in take money and is an expensive hobby.
Thank You Peter so much..
Rich:)
Rich you build so many custom things exactly like I wanted for my Star Trek Phasers. Then way more in regular laser hosts.
Plus wow the things you just gave me :) :)

Remember the Sci Fi laser fiasco where they all croaked, you took it upon yourself to fix mine and other members lasers who where ripped off by Sci Fi with another member helping fix some.

What a horror show my Sci Fi build was!! Sci Fi used a cheap cheap LED driver, with wire that came from a wall socket that he just used a inch of plumbers teflon tape/wrap around the diode pins and a unbranded heavily used diode that you had to decan. that was in a brass coated nickel module, not a copper one like he claimed.
The pics of his horror builds just kept coming and coming:oops:

Last edited:
Rich you build so many custom things exactly like I wanted for my Star Trek Phasers. Then way more in regular laser hosts.
Plus wow the things you just gave me :) :)

Remember the Sci Fi laser fiasco where they all croaked, you took it upon yourself to fix mine and other members lasers who where ripped off by Sci Fi with another member helping fix some.

What a horror show my Sci Fi build was!! Sci Fi used a cheap cheap LED driver, with wire that came from a wall socket that he just used a inch of plumbers teflon tape/wrap around the diode pins and a unbranded heavily used diode that you had to decan..
The pics of his horror builds just kept coming and coming:oops:

I hadn't thought of that guy in a long time. Good riddance.