Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi From a Laser Grad Student in SoCal

Kyote

Hey All,

I am a graduate student at UC Irvine in the Physics dept studying ultrashort pulse lasers and laser based x-ray systems. I first found this site while looking for specs on diodes to pump my Ti:Sapphire oscillator that I am building; a big thanks to everyone who has documented the capabilities of the different diodes, it has been a huge help and one of the few places on the internet that complies this info.

I've been working on diode pumped solid-state lasers, but with the pandemic all "non-essential" research has been stopped and my group has pivoted to start looking at creating UV light by frequency doubling blue laser diodes. In the next couple months I am hoping to do an M^2 beam analysis, far-field beam divergence, and temperature tuning wavelength studies on the various high-power blue laser diodes on the market. While I won't be able to look at people's individual laser systems I am hoping to expand this study to the other diodes that are out there and hopefully this info will help aid future builds for everyone here.

Here is the current list I am looking to analyze (thanks DTR's Laser Shop for making an easy supply point):
- BDR-209
- NDB7A75
- NUBM44-V2
- NUBM07
- NUBM06

Hopefully this list gets expanded!

Welcome to LPF

7A75, 06 and 07 are all discontinued IINM but other companies make similar diode lasers and if industry has a need I'm sure that Nichia can fill it.

Feel free to inquire and share anything of interest that you discover, Thanks.

Last edited:

Snecho

Welcome!

Maybe your group will end up making some new DPSS wavelengths ✌

Welcome to the LPF. I saw your other thread and found the killing of methacillin resistant staph aureus with UVC interesting, though my work with these included antibiotics in vitro and in vivo instead. I'm looking forward to more of your posts on this.

Welcome to our other home !!! You will find a diverse group here.....Some professionals....mostly hackers...ALL with a passion for Coherent beams.
Our " Lab " is spread across the globe....It is underfunded as a rule....but our passion and Down-To-Earth approach is genuine.
We are not driven by profit or the need to publish...and I believe....this is the only site you will find that has so many that will share and do so in an non-judgmental and open format. Be safe....and enjoy the ride !! CDBeam

Kyote

Welcome to LPF

7A75, 06 and 07 are all discontinued IINM but other companies make similar diode lasers and if industry has a need I'm sure that Nichia can fill it.

Feel free to inquire and share anything of interest that you discover, Thanks.

Thank you very much for your reply. Honestly it has been kinda difficult for me to figure out exactly what models are out there and currently in production. So far I have mainly used DTR's Laser Shop and it seems like he does a good job of updating what is available, but it's good to know that those diodes are discontinued. I got the 07 already mainly to replicate a previous paper so I'm not too concerned about it being discontinued. However, I am very interested in a high-power diode at 440-445 nm so that's a shame to hear about the 06 and 7A75, although it looks like I can still purchase them in the short term.

Do you have any recommendations on where to look for a complied list of current high-power diodes available in the blue/green spectrum? I tried Nichia's website but they don't even list many of their diodes that I have seen on supplier websites. If there is a better section of the forum for me to ask this question just let me know, thanks.