Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey there, I'm Lou!

Pouie

I wish I didn't like lasers since they are dangerous and expensive.

So anyway, I got the green Laser 303 from eBay and it's amazing how powerful it is for 10 bucks! My brother got me a green Dragon Laser 35mW probably 7 years ago. First thing I did with it was shoot it at a plane. He told me not to do that.

I think that thing was $120 bucks back then. So it's really exciting that they are more affordable now.

I also got the chinese 1W+ Blue Laser. That thing is freaking nuts. I wish they didn't come with the Red safety glasses because I didn't realize until later that they don't work. They cut down the power of the beam but the Orange Uvex glasses from Amazon stop the beam completely! In fact, shining it at a white balloon has left my one eye a little sensitive since all I was wearing was the stupid red glasses when I got hit by the very diffused dot. No blind spots or anything just when I blink I can still see the lights that were just in my vision more than usual.

Speaking of eyes: I am thinking about getting the 589nm Yellow Laser from Dragon Lasers because the color looks awesome. If I get the 5mW one, I'm sure it'll be overspec'd to like 15mW... is that still safe to use indoors sans glasses if you don't get a reflection in the eye or anything? If not it'd be pointless to get a weak cool-colored laser that can only be used with glasses that change the color. So in that case it'd make more sense to pay (way) more and get the 50mW then I can at least see the beam at night shooting it at the sky (no planes, promise).

Thanks!,
Lou (Pennsylvania)

Hi And welcome to LPF many great folks here with an abundance of knowledge to go by, Enjoy and be safe

Rich:)

Welcome Lou, if you are going to become a fairly active member here, I'd like to recommend you are vetted by a forum veteran of your choice. We've had a banned member come in and continue to make new member identities, due to this, all new members are suspect to me, until someone can confirm you aren't him coming back for more games. Interested?

Pouie

Welcome Lou, if you are going to become a fairly active member here, I'd like to recommend you are vetted by a forum veteran of your choice. We've had a banned member come in and continue to make new member identities, due to this, all new members are suspect to me, until someone can confirm you aren't him coming back for more games. Interested?

Haha, sure! I have nothing to hide. Like I'll show him my Facebook page and whatever else until he is satisfied?

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, guys!

Edit: BowtieGuy seems pretty active if he wants to "vet" me.

Last edited:
Haha, sure! I have nothing to hide. Like I'll show him my Facebook page and whatever else until he is satisfied?

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, guys!

Edit: BowtieGuy seems pretty active if he wants to "vet" me.

Welcome :wave:

Just to set the record straight, making a new member identity is needed to comment after someone is banned with full knowledge it will be immediately banned as well so that new member identity has never been made with the intention of fooling anybody or trying to rejoin here !

If you don't give that banned member a reason to comment he would never come back by making another new member identity, vetted a new member by a forum veteran is a pointless and paranoid exercise that could never keep that banned member out IF he refused to stay out which i'm sure he is more than happy to do if you don't give him a reason to come back !

BUT if vetting helps you sleep at night and not to continue to treat new members like crap then by all means vet away fool !!!

If you don't give that banned member a reason to comment he would never come back by making another new member identity, vetted a new member by a forum veteran is a pointless and paranoid exercise that could never keep that banned member out IF he refused to stay out which i'm sure he is more than happy to do if you don't give him a reason to come back !

But that's not going to work either Accu, since you're a banned member, because then that opens the door for you to slip back in unquestioned and resume you're antics.

How about we call it a day and we'll leave you alone if you leave us alone?

We won't be dictated to by a banned member but we will respect the agreement if you keep you're end of the bargain.
Returning perma-banned members will always be banned again once discovered so it's a waste of time for all of us.

RB

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum...
Enjoy your stay.

@ RB...
Good job fishing that Turd out of the Pool again...;)
Seem like he's a bit "Paranoid"...:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited:
I can also confirm that Lou is legitimately here for
Laser related stuff...;)

Jerry

Last edited: