Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey people, new guy from the UK ears open ready to learn :-)

Hey people, new guy from the UK ears open ready to learn :)

It all started when i was a child i had a strange attraction to laser pointers, as i got older it got worse un-till finally this year, i ended up with X2 RGV laser show scanners and a wavelength electronics lf4532 diode driver (that im still learning to use) and my addiction is getting worse! my fiancee is saying that im going to get radiation poisoning if i carry on the way i am :) LoL!

anyway enough ranting any questions fire away :)

Ian

my fiancee is saying that im going to get radiation poisoning if i carry on the way i am
Don't care too much about women's thought, they are often worried too much. I like football, but my lover always tell me not to, she is worried I will broke my leg!
Just enjoy LPF, enjoy lasers

Welcome!

Don't care too much about women's thought, they are often worried too much. I like football, but my lover always tell me not to, she is worried I will broke my leg!
Just enjoy LPF, enjoy lasers

Welcome!

Hey John, maybe you can sell a remote to mute women when they are talking so you don't have to listen them! It would be a big seller!:eg:

Jeff

Hey John, maybe you can sell a remote to mute women when they are talking so you don't have to listen them! It would be a big seller!:eg:

Jeff

good idea, but it will be bad if they are talking to us only to ask us for dinner and we mute them.

thanks for the welcome it's nice that people you don't know can still be welcoming :) and yes please somebody build a woman muter!! please ill give all my lasers in return! :)

also as im new i kind of don't really know how to use this forum yet and im not sure if this is the rite place for me to ask technical advice but....

1: I have a PS3 405nm diode and i have heard you can burn with it? is this true if so what components do i need to do this?

2: I have a casio 445nm 1watt and need to know what components to use to drive it?

3: i have X2 show lasers Red,Green,Violet but i want to change the Violet to 445nm casio should i be able to use the existing violet driver to drive the 445?

many thanks Ian :thanks:

also as im new i kind of don't really know how to use this forum yet and im not sure if this is the rite place for me to ask technical advice but....

1: I have a PS3 405nm diode and i have heard you can burn with it? is this true if so what components do i need to do this?

2: I have a casio 445nm 1watt and need to know what components to use to drive it?

3: i have X2 show lasers Red,Green,Violet but i want to change the Violet to 445nm casio should i be able to use the existing violet driver to drive the 445?

many thanks Ian :thanks:

If you have some qustions, you can go to the section "general" to ask, but first you can search it.
I'm sorry I have never DIY, and don't know the answer. But if you go to "general", you can get the best answer quickly.

John

WELCOME after a post if you want to add another thought just click edit and you can add more without double posting.

enjoy the forum-- lots more help on scanners over on Photonlexicon forum and some members in the UK too-- Dan Briggs and Morgan come to mind.

hk

Morgan

Morgan ckecking in!

Hi Innes151, where in the UK are you?

If you've been toying with scanners then PL, (photonlexicon), is a great resource. You just missed a UK laser meet but there's another in Sheffield in November I believe but you'll have to check over there.

As to your question on replacing a 405nm with a 445nm... It's possible but there are things to consider so we'd need to know more before saying, "Yeah, just chuck it in!". The driver may be set specifically for 405nm requirements, (voltage, etc...), in which case it may not be possible. 405s are typically 5V and above, depending on which one is in use, whereas 445 are 4.2V, etc, although I don't think this will be your problem. It's the current and heat management that'll be the issue. Most drivers, and almost certainly the ones in decent equipment, will be constant current so the output voltage doesn't matter so much. Input voltage and output current will. There are yet more factors but start with the basics.

Questions to answer, if you know them, are: What total mW output do the scanners have? What output do the individual colours have? What sort of driver is in use, (TTL, analog)? Do you have photos of the internals?

That should give us a better idea on how to move forward. Other questions on this should probably be posed, (yes, posed, not posted!), in the, "Laser Shows", section or shoot me a PM for further advice on where to find info.

Welcome to LPF and happy lasing! Always good to see another UKer!!! :wave:

Enjoy...

M
:)

See-- Morgan to the rescue!!!

Great member- hope you get your changes made- let us know how it goes and remember we always like to see photos--