Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heruursciences diode grab bag thread

.3lite

I think you haven't seen his equipment, which contains wavelength meter and power meter.

Don't complain, just send him cash via paypal with some extra info (like your nick on LPF and so on), he will send it if he gets some time.

Thats how it works.

i need a few diode specs as im buying something else to match the diodes.

hense why tis very important i get the info

.3lite

I see, then ok, but as you've already said, It's very hard to catch him now, it was hard before, but now it's harder than before ;d I hope you will be able to talk with him and receive that datasheet, so we can all benefit from it.

.3lite

OMG, Anyone can tell me what that monster is? (LOOK AT EMITTER!)

monsteru.jpg

It seems to be 980nm

.3lite

Yes I did, it's working awesome as a burner xD (Trying at 1,5A)

I believe it's soldered, die is so big that I can't see xD

HIMNL9

LOL

Just for the fun :p

I was having fun with one of these defective ones, one that lase, but all offcenter and with lot of black lines in the beam ..... cause was unusable for anything, i decided to see how long it go before blow, without heatsink ..... was using it at 800 mA, and in 15 / 20 seconds it started avalanche effect rush (temp increase that increase current, that increase temp, and so on, exponentially) ..... current gone over 2 A in a second or less, then it made a flash, part visible, most in the IR (cam totally gone in protection mode, and was looking only the reflex on the wall ..... i've seen the red part at the side of the goggles :p), then the die literally evaporated ..... you can see the spot on the glass inside, where the evaporated material is depositated.

Then i decapped it for look at the chip, and it look decisely blowed.

Guess that, without goggles, that effect can be dangerous also if not focused :p :wtf:

Attachments

• evaporated1.jpg
    evaporated1.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 128
  • evaporated2.jpg
    evaporated2.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 132
The monterdie diode flaming pyro is a 5W QCW 910nm laser used for range and target designation applications mostly, It cannot be powered CW for obvious reasons.

3 to 4A You better have a good method of heat extraction and a 20% qcw driver or it will be a DLED or worse very quick

Let me re-phrase my question. What would be the threshold current for said 5W monsterdie diode?