Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help with a host

hey folks, it's been a while since I've been active. i take a peek every now and then.

anyway, some of you may remember a host I had Ehgemus make for me. it's still my favorite. a while back, the threads for the tail cap got messed up. not sure if I misaligned them or what but it's certainly messed up now. it still works, but is held together more from the friction of the ridges than actually being screwed on. every time I take out the batteries, it gets worse and there are more metal shavings.

is there anyone here i could send it to for repair? I'm guessing it might need to have a new tailcap made, I can send the existing one for any useful parts and to serve as a template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's such a nice host, would be a shame to be unable to restore it

also, just noticed the photobucket B.S. what a rip off

Lame

I've bought a few Ehgemus hosts too, nice hosts. Rich Lifetime17 does nice work too, I bet he can help you, PM him.

Last edited:
Mod but with the other mods so quick to help here I'm finding myself looking for work most of the time, found one today :) Thanks

Hi,
Thanks Alaskan Shake sent a PM , Oh Shake send the entire Host not just the tail cap..

Rich:)

Hi,
Thanks Alaskan Shake sent a PM , Oh Shake send the entire Host not just the tail cap..

ummm, I think I'll send it without the head. the head is 2" diameter copper, about 2 1/2" tall, weighs quite a lot. but sure, the handle part and tailcap. thanks for helping

Hi ,
If you can send the battery tube ( handle ) and the tail cap thats all i need to see both male and female threads. I don't nee the main sink with the diodes and drivers.

Reactions: GSS
yeah I know. it'll also save me on shipping, the heatsink is like 90% of the weight.

thanks again, going to mail it right now. will PM you the tracking.

BobMc

Your host is going into the hands of a master. You will be quite pleased. :)

thanks again. I think I sold a 445nm 4W~ish diode to lifetime17 at one point, that thing still kicking?

Rich, I take it you do custom hosts in general? I might be interested in some in the future

I actually still need help with this host if anyone can. Or if anyone is machining hosts, maybe I could send them the heat sink and they could make a new handle for it and mount the driver

We tried that already. Well, the repair. We didnt discuss making a whole new handle

Are you using a 12mm DTR module ?
If so Rich/Lifetime17 can make a host for you or you could measure your heat sink and have a host made for that.
Here's some that Rich has made for me with flashlight bodies and he also makes great units from bar stock like Ehgemus used to.

SANY4364.JPG

Last edited:
Yes but the heatsink is made in a way that the handle screws into it, it doesnt rest inside the host