Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

Tyagi

I have recently started working in the field of biophysics and so I came across stuff about LASERs and LEDs that I needed to understand. I have made little progress... ALso this is the first time I've registered on a forum, and I'm also learning how things work around here. It's a fun (and informative) place from what I can tell so far.. plus I never could have imagined so MANY people had LASERs as a hobby!!!! That's like a really big surprise for me

I hope I'll someday reach the stage where I can not only ask but also answer questions on LPF :)

Edit: I'm from India!

Last edited:

Welcome to the Forum...
It would be helpful to other members
if you included your Global location in
you Profile.

There is a wealth of information here
that is free to read at your leisure..

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Welcome to the forum and yes what state or country are you from that helps us out a lot here .

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Tyagi! :wave:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay. :yh:

First and foremost, be sure to have and use proper safety glasses/goggles!
A good place to purchase reasonably priced and high quality eye protection is "Survival Lasers".

Welcome to the LPF. It may take a little time to get familiar with how everything works around here, but if you are a physicist, I'm sure you won't have any trouble. The answers to many of your questions are available using the search bar at the bottom of the page. Most questions have already been answered here, so it is just a search away. Take care and stay safe.

Gazen

Hello Tyagi,

Please combine all those consecutive posts into one post, posting multiple times in a short period of time like that is frowned upon here.

Tyagi

lasersbee- Thanks, I've added that to my original message.

BowtieGuy- Thank you, and I do have a few pairs of safety goggles. I'll be careful

Gazen- Thanks

paul1598419- Thank you! I'll use that search bar

Lifetime17- Thanks, I added that to my initial post.

Gazen

... you've gone and done it again. Please stop

Last edited:
don't go getting your feelings hurt koothrapali
just use edit 'almost' everytime you are posting 'after yourself'-
even after they are merged.. still looks untidy.
the threads at the top of ANY subforum are there for anyone wanting to learn how to get along GREAT at any forum.
They contain a lot of info -- search it!!

same deal at each 'section' the most important are 'stickied' the stick to the top forever-- and if you have a red laser question FIRST go to that section and just search IT-- like best color red? you will read how some red lasers at 200 mW look very weak to another at 200mW but a diff red!! its true-- you want your reds 632 to 640nm for other laser searchers find the google search at the BOTTOM. its the best one here.
feel free to PM anyone who greeted you here.. welcome to our family!

..... hak in Houston

HM HM HM!!

Proxy?? say it aint so brudder.
AND a QUINTUPLE post!! c'mon you knew that was a no-no.. 5 posts in 4 minutes--gotta be a record..like a skipping record.