Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello LPF!

I'm not really new to the forums, I've been trollin' here for about 3 months, but since I've recently purchased a laser worthy of being called a laser, I figured that I would introduce myself and write a review for my laser!

I'm in the USAF, and work as part of a flight crew.
(in case there are any aviators here - I'm a C-130H3 Loadmaster)

I initially got interested in lasers after seeing how lasers are used in law enforcement & war, and also being attacked by them while flying lol. My aircraft was hit by a blue laser in the Little Rock, AR area, and although dangerous, I must admit it was cool, but only because there was no damage or harm done in this instance. I am not condoning the use of lasers against aircraft at all, and it is super dangerous to point them at anything living or shiny!!!! Please kindly keep your laser-saber-phasers away from my flying tin can! :D

I have followed the instructions to use the "Search" button, and discovered the thread of companies to trust and those which to not give your hard earned cash, and decided upon a laser from RayFoss.

I hope you all enjoy my review of the RayFoss RF532-200mw-SWT which I will be posting immediately following this! -link to come if i can figure out how to do it!-

Have a great day LPF!

Hey man, welcome. Good to know you are concerned with safety. I'm buying from rayfoss very soon so I'm waiting for your review! do you got goggles for this, right? :)

Welcome!!!

I used to be in AF-ROTC, but I quit because I had other plans.

The C-130H3 is the Hercules right?

I really like the spectre/spook models of the C-130. Just being
able to see videos of that gunship in action make my day.

All C-130's are Hercules', an H is just a standard cargo haulin' model and the "3" denotes that mine is a revision 3, produced in the early 90-s. The only thing that changed on my aircraft versus other h's is that I have larger square windows (as opposed to small round ones) in the cargo compartment, and I have a chemical toilet (like on a commercial airplane) instead of a 5-gallon bucket with a toilet seat and trashbag lol. When you are talking about special variants of the C-130, its the prefix that matters. AC-130's are gunships, MC-130's are the birds that drop Special Forces operatives into god know's where, and HC-130's are the in-flight refueling tankers for PaveHawks. Thats about it :)

Lockheed-Martin has recently started producing the C-130J, which is now the newest Herk. Its all digital in the cockpit, and requires no navigator or flight engineer. There were also numerous changes made to the cargo compartment, but they are too many to list.

Feel free to ask me any other C-130 questions lol.

Hey man, welcome. Good to know you are concerned with safety. I'm buying from rayfoss very soon so I'm waiting for your review! do you got goggles for this, right? :)

RayFoss didnt provide any goggles with this order, I'm waiting on some goggles form another company. I dont know if RF provides goggles at all or not, I couldn't find any on their website. For now I'm just being uber-careful and wearing my polarized Oakleys if there is any chance I may shine the laser anywhere near my eyes. I know they probably dont provide much protection, but its better than nothing for now lol.