Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, Hello

nb097

Hey all!

Joined a while back, but never got around to posting. I just poke around with my little electrical engineering projects every once in a while, modding a laser to be able to burn being one of them.

Also trying to identify another diode (or at least the pinout), but not too expectant to find anything there. It's from an old Dell laptop DVD-R/RW, and has 10 pins, which i remember finding a post that indicated it was likely hopeless. If anyone is interested/curious, though, I have pics.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hey!

nb097

Well, per request:

DSC01746.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

I'm 95% certain when I looked around last I had found a post by someone indicating it was probably junk. But if anyone can say otherwise, cool!

Really, I just like having fun with this sort of thing. Tear it apart, see if it can be used, if not, that's ok. Don't even have that laptop anymore (quick note to others: Never buy Dell! trust me on that one...)

nb097

Yeah, I thought that was the case. But thanks for checking!

I have another one that I was working with (nabbed from a red laser pointer, has the standard 3 pin design), and so this one was more of a curiosity thing.

Wow. That is one interesting looking diode. :thinking:
Is it the standard 5.6mm diameter can?

Welcome to LPF! Have a look around, enjoy your stay and be safe.