Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello guys and sorry i'm late here

Radim

Welcome to the forums!
It is never too late to become member. Good to have another laser manufacturer as a member here. Enjoy your stay here.

diachi

Welcome Tommy!

You know, food for thought, we in the U.S. ( can't speak for other countries) have a hard time getting handheld yellow lasers, if you were to source them you might do pretty good at it. Specially the higher powered ones :thinking:

I'm guessing you're talking about 589nm, in which case you might specify, otherwise they'll end up supplying RGY handhelds (not a bad thing) ;).

IIRC the only manufacturer for handheld 589nm is still CNI...

Last edited:

BobMc

Welcome Tommy!

I'm guessing you're talking about 589nm, in which case you might specify, otherwise they'll end up supplying RGY handhelds (not a bad thing) ;).

IIRC the only manufacturer for handheld 589nm is still CNI...

Your correct, but sense their a range of yellow 589-593.5 I went with just the word yellow. But it better to specify. Thanks.

RGY aren't bad but a good solid dpss yellow is on my front burner. Trying to figure out how to get one to the States.

Last edited:

diachi

RGY aren't bad but a good solid dpss yellow is on my front burner. Trying to figure out how to get one to the States.

Yeah, RGY are still nice, just not the same.

Use a middleman, ship to them and have them ship to you. :beer:

tommy

may i ask why it's difficult to ship a dpss yellow laser into USA? it's the customs or the source problem?

Your correct, but sense their a range of yellow 589-593.5 I went with just the word yellow. But it better to specify. Thanks.

BobMc

Yeah, RGY are still nice, just not the same.

Use a middleman, ship to them and have them ship to you. :beer:

That's kind of what I was getting at, seeing how he said he was a source and not a manufacturer. Read where he said he willing willing to ship worldwide, so I was thinking this might be a win win situation:thinking:

BobMc

may i ask why it's difficult to ship a dpss yellow laser into USA? it's the customs or the source problem?

I don't really know. CNI is the only one that manufactures the dpss yellow wavelength(s) and they won't ship their handhelds to the states. Can't say why, (so it would be a source problem) other Chinese manufacturers do? Seeing how your in China was thinking it might be something you might want to look into? :thinking: :)

Ps, they will ship their labs, just not their handhelds.

Last edited:

diachi

I don't really know. CNI is the only one that manufactures the dpss yellow wavelength(s) and they won't ship their handhelds to the states. Can't say why, other Chinese manufacturers do? Seeing how your in China was thinking it might be something you might want to look into? :thinking: :)

Customs issues, handhelds >5mW are not FDA approved and CNI is "marked" so they just don't ship handhelds to the states anymore.

Encap

I don't really know. CNI is the only one that manufactures the dpss yellow wavelength(s) and they won't ship their handhelds to the states. Can't say why, (so it would be a source problem) other Chinese manufacturers do? Seeing how your in China was thinking it might be something you might want to look into? :thinking: :)

What Diachi said + details below. Am surprised you have not read on LPF why CNI will not ship handhalds to USA.

As you probably know re: hand held lasers:
"FDA regulates all laser products, even handheld, battery-powered lasers that are available for purchase FROM manufacturers, importers, assemblers, dealers or distributors in the United States and its territories. This includes lasers manufactured or obtained on a continuing basis for the purpose of sale or resale. FDA requires that manufacturers of these lasers limit the power of the laser light to 5 milliWatts (often abbreviated as "mW") or less." Sales of units >5mW without a variance, or sales that violate the conditions of the variance, ARE ILLEGAL. See: https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm302664.htm

CNI was were caught selling and shipping hand helds to USA in violation of FDA rules, regulations, and US Law repeatedly. CNI was visited by an FDA representative, and were put on the Import Alert 95-04 "red" list 2/15/2015 which they would like to be removed from.
CNI is attempting to comply with US FDA laws, rules and regulations as a responsible manufacturer. Hand held sales to USA are not a significant portion of their business like laboratory lasers. They don't want to jeopardise name, reputation, and primary products-laboratory lasers market in USA. See: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_254.html

To be removed from the red list requires the following according to the above Import Alert:
"In order to remove a firm from detention without physical examination, information should be provided to FDA to adequately demonstrate that the manufacturer has resolved the conditions that gave rise to the appearance of the violation, so that the agency will have confidence that future entries will be in compliance. For example, when appropriate, the request should include information for FDA to adequately assess whether the manufacturer's quality control and testing program is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act (Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, Chapter V, Subchapter C) and 21 CFR 1010.2 and their laser products comply with the Federal Performance Standard for Laser Products (21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11). In addition, under 21 CFR 1002.10(k), the importer must provide other information CDRH may reasonably require to determine whether the importer is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act and applicable standards."

You can obtain any of CNI products from any of CNI's 23 Distributors worldwide. They can all sell CNI products if they wish to subject to the laws, rules, and regulations of the Country they are located in and some in spite of same. See: Contact CNI

At the moment Dragon Lasers is the "middle man" of choice for hand held hand held 589nm lasers. Dragon Lasers only resells CNI lasers and has a long history as a customer of CNI. While not a CNI Distributor Dragon Lasers does retail resell CNI products from within China and will ship to USA.

Last edited:

Ricker

Hey Tommy! Thanks for joining our wonderful forum, and thank you for your lovely products! Can't wait to see what else you have to offer, and I hope you enjoy, and learn from these forums!

BobMc

What Diachi said + details below. Am surprised you have not read on LPF why CNI will not ship handhalds to USA.

As you probably know re: hand held lasers:
"FDA regulates all laser products, even handheld, battery-powered lasers that are available for purchase FROM manufacturers, importers, assemblers, dealers or distributors in the United States and its territories. This includes lasers manufactured or obtained on a continuing basis for the purpose of sale or resale.
FDA requires that manufacturers of these lasers limit the power of the laser light to 5 milliWatts (often abbreviated as "mW") or less." Sales of units >5mW without a variance, or sales that violate the conditions of the variance, ARE ILLEGAL. See: https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm302664.htm

CNI was were caught doing so in violation of FDA rules, regulations, and US Law repeatedly, were visited by an FDA representative, and were put on the Import Alert 95-04 "red" list 2/15/2015 which they would like to be removed from. CNI is attempting to comply with US FDA laws, rules and regulations as a responsible manufacturer. Hand held sales to USA are not a significant portion of their business like laboratory lasers are which they don't want to jeopardise.See: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_254.html

To be removed for the red list requires the following according to the above Import Alert:
"In order to remove a firm from detention without physical examination, information should be provided to FDA to adequately demonstrate that the manufacturer has resolved the conditions that gave rise to the appearance of the violation, so that the agency will have confidence that future entries will be in compliance. For example, when appropriate, the request should include information for FDA to adequately assess whether the manufacturer's quality control and testing program is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act (Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, Chapter V, Subchapter C) and 21 CFR 1010.2 and their laser products comply with the Federal Performance Standard for Laser Products (21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11). In addition, under 21 CFR 1002.10(k), the importer must provide other information CDRH may reasonably require to determine whether the importer is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act and applicable standards."

You can obtain any of CNI products from any of CNI's 23 Distributors worldwide. They can all sell CNI products if they wish to subject to the laws, rules, and regulations of the Country they are located in and some in spite of same. See: Contact CNI

At the moment Dragon Lasers is the "middle man" of choice for hand held hand held 589nm lasers. Dragon Lasers only resells CNI lasers and has a long history as a customer of CNI. While not a CNI Distributor does retail resell CNI products from within China and will ship to USA.

Thanks for the post. I had read bits and pieces but not in its entirety. I had forgot about Dragon Laser, might have to look into them for a handheld 589. Thanks again! :)

I hope someone does a review of the 300mw 532. The focusing ring on one model is the JL design. If the 532s turn out to be XPL caliber hopefully they can be taken apart without much resistance. Kinda have this too good to be true feeling about the dpss but would welcome a surprise. Most of the members here have an LPM and give honest reviews so expect that.
Are the beam expanders in the US or shipped from the mainland?

Encap

Welcome tommy. Enjoy LPF

I noticed you have a paid Advertisement here on LPF at the top of the page---nice of you to placed the ad which helps offset cost of LPF.

One thing is missing from the web site and from your posts on LPF--actual normal legitimate business details for your business like Country location, name, address, phone number, e-mail address and so on.

Many people are not comfortable buying something from just another anonymous web site reseller with no track record or actual business details.

Alot/many people are reluctant to buy or simply will not buy from a ghost business with just a web site that provides no business credibility, no legitimate business identity, premises, or details because of the many problems that can and do occur with such sites---- might help you generate some sales to provide details.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

tommy

thanks for your advise :) we will put more business info to the website, and more product reviews. the website is just launched, a lot things to do ha.

Welcome tommy. Enjoy the web site.

I noticed you have a paid Advertisement here on LPF at the top of the page---nice of you to placed the ad which helps offset cost of LPF.

One thing is missing from the web site and from your posts on LPF--actual normal legitimate business details for your business like Country location, name, address, phone number, e-mail address and so on.

Many people are not comfortable buying something from just another anonymous web site reseller with no track record or actual business details.

Alot/many people are reluctant to buy or simply will not buy from a ghost business with just a web site that provides no business credibility, no legitimate business identity, premises, or details because of the many problems that can and do occur with such sites---- might help you generate some sales to provide details.

Just a thought.

94Z28

One bone I have to pick with this is....

https://laserpointerstore.com/colle...oducts/thor-ultra-laser-pointer-1000mw-4500mw

I don't like when I see exact clones of a known item, the design is quite unique and we all know what this item looks exactly like.

/e Also... "Green" 1000mw... hmm...

I don't mind the Thor M2 but I remember the acrylic issues it had on first gens. Hope to see some proof of legitimacy, until then I will have to stick with a real JL product.

Last edited: