Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello From the U.S.!

So laser pointers have always fascinated me (I know, I'm not the first lol)
I, like many other people I have seen on this site, started with a cheap red one that I could entertain my dog with. Now that I have become an eBay pro, higher powered lasers are my new obsession... however, personal budget restrictions (as well as the US law) has limited me to possessing my <5mW laser (bummer). It is a green laser with a silver handle and a beam that impresses everyone I know. I am ecstatic to see that there are so many other laser-junkies out there! If you are a beginner too tell me about yourself, if you are an expert laser forum user, I would like to hear and learn from you! Thanks!! :yh:

welcome to the forum. besides doing a lot of reading you can check the buy,sell,trade section for some good deals on completed lasers. if your interested in building your own just follow the link in my sig. also stay away from ebaysers and wicked lasers. theyre all overpriced junk. you can get better from dealextreme.com, o-like.com, or rayfoss. if you have the money id suggest laserglow, cni, or optotronics.

if your looking into buying a laser from china and the company wont ship to the us you can contact 2007revolution here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/dx-shipping-service-us-new-shipping-options-39839.html

jayrob

Welcome to the best laser forum on earth!

You think your obsessed now... Wait till you start building your own after learning how in this forum. They you will really be hooked! :)

welcome to the forum. besides doing a lot of reading you can check the buy,sell,trade section for some good deals on completed lasers. if your interested in building your own just follow the link in my sig. also stay away from ebaysers and wicked lasers. theyre all overpriced junk. you can get better from dealextreme.com, o-like.com, or rayfoss. if you have the money id suggest laserglow, cni, or optotronics.

Okay i will check out that section! and I have actually been to wicked lasers, and it is ridiculously expensive, and I will definitely check out laserglow, cni and optotronics! Thanks for the suggestion!

Welcome to the best laser forum on earth!

You think your obsessed now... Wait till you start building your own after learning how in this forum. They you will really be hooked! :)

I can't wait to learn how to build my own! That was another goal of mine, and this looks like the best place to learn how! I'll look around :D

Welcome to the forum, you will find many very helpful people here who will gladly steer you in the right direction. I know this as fact when I first started and have been hooked ever since. Word of advice before you start working with laser though, get some good safety googles.
:beer: Tymtravler :beer:

Good advice for sure tymtravler!

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm no noob for sure,

But I'm also not an expert. Many of us aren't. The forum probably has a total of 5 experts. The rest of us are here for the experimentation and DIY attitude, making us knowledgeable from experience and experimentation. So after poking around, looking for answers to your questions, ask me or just about anyone else if you have any lingering ones.

-Tyler

Tymtravler, sounds like a good idea, i have a UV laser (blacklight, blue ray... I'm not sure what its called) and that sort of makes me feel like i'm going blind... so getting saftey glasses are for sure on my to do list!

Meatball, DIY is the best way to learn!! I think this site will have pretty much everything i will ever need, including many helpful people :) thanks!

mkdive

welcomelpf.gif

Hello Shoot 4 the Moon, Welcome to our slightly loony family :crackup:There is a lot to learn on this Forum, & most members are more than happy to give you assistance :thinking: , but before you ask a question, PLEASE, use the "SEARCH BUTTON" !!! As one of our members likes to tell the new guys, or (NOOBS),
"THE SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND" !!!! What he means is that usually, whatever question you, as a 'NOOB' have to ask, more than likely a dozen or more other 'NOOBS' have already asked the same question & it's already been answered, so by using the "SEARCH BUTTON" you'll save yourself & us some time :whistle: So enjoy yourself & have fun...........rob

Welcome Shoot- good to see you know where the search is. If your question is not answered there ---try Sam's FAQ. Too many newcomers do not. Good advice on eye protection as well. Another great way of saying hello to the membership and get off on the right foot is to click on 'donations' and send Ave a little $. You may even get your first +rep in the process.---Hak

D

Deleted member 8382

Hi and welcome!

Remember to use the search function ALWAYS before opening a new thread to ask and everything will be fine ;)

Yours,
Albert