Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from France

Hi, My name is Yohann I'm 27 years old living in South of France (between Marseille and Toulon ) I'm new and would learn more about laser and this domain but nothing really correct in france. I just found your forums, so my english will not be perfect but I think it should be enough to let you understand me. thanks for this forum and hope everything will be ok

Last edited:

Encap

Welcome and enjoy he forum. Good introduction.

Last edited:
thanks everybody, will try to do my best to use good part of this forum for questions etc. thanks for this great forum ( it look like so many good informations "will just need to understand everything without missing point"

Hi, And welcome to the forum nice intro we don't get to much of that around here but when we do we appreciate getting to know our members better. Enjoy and be safe ..

Rich:)

Welcome to the Forum...
It would also be helpful if you put your
Global location in your Profile.

Enjoy your Stay.

Jerry

welcome to the forum and as of the your question about the mw of the lasers its the optical power output of the laser it has nothing to do with the batteries and also its not related to the visibility of a laser.
a small paradigm
a green diode 520nm needs around 2A to make 1000mw of output but a 450nm only needs 1.4A to produce 2000mw output, in that case the 450nm diode will have more power in burning but the other one will be more visible to our eyes(due to close wavelengh to 555nm that our eyes are the most sensitive).the current that needs each diode has only to do with the efficiency so you can't messure the batteries draining from the mwts of a laser

hope to explained well