Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello fellow enthusiasts

My name is Wayne and I have been experimenting in photonics as well as working in the field professionally since 1984.

My first real job was at North American Phillips lighting, Plasma discharge division.. Fascinating and educational, unfortunately I was young and prudence had not "set in" yet and within 2 years I moved on.

Then I had a great opportunity to work at Corning Glass in the scientific lab division, But only as a data entry, I got to witness the glass masters at work, But I grew bored and again moved on.

Then I started working for Konica copiers, and have followed that career path since.

I still have my first HeNe rig, 3 green DPSS units and am hawking ebay waiting for the best deal on an Argon Ion unit. (I know thats old school, but right now there are BRAND NEW replacement tubes going for $150 so why not?)

The copier / laser printer industry has been really good to me, Salvaging front surface mirrors, servos, HV supplies, and tons of great optical goodies from "dead" machinery (The "junk" pile is really huge)

I joined today because I am always thinking, wondering, and just plain fascinated with the physics behind all of this, and was hoping to meet a few like minded folks and engage in some thought provoking discussions.

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've already got a good start on your laser collection. There are a few members here skilled with argon lasers, so if you see a laser that you like, you could post about it in our gas lasers section and get some feedback from members that already have and use these. There are some members here who are into HV as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been reading as many posts / threads as I can.....

Welcome to the forum Wayne :wave: My favorit cousin's named is Wayne.
There is a lot of real good info here for laser lovers so start punching that search button and if that dosn't work step right up and ask ! someone will be right around the corner to help, that's the best thing about this place. and the crap is only ankle deep LOL.
So have fun !!!

Peace All...

Cool, good thing I have my waders on.....

I keep a fire extinguisher close by for when the flaming starts.

Please stop postin in every welcome thread. All you're trying to do is run you post count up. You've been warned. Next post I see I'm neg repping you.