Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello everyone!

Ricker

How is everyone doing? My name is Nate Ricker, I'm 25 from Bangor, Maine. I'm a manager at a truck stop here in Bangor, my job is very fast paced, packed full of multi-tasking and trying to make everything run smoothly and efficiently. Now to the good stuff! I've been a laser enthusiast for about a year now. I still remember buying my first little 303 green laser, being able to burn (black only) matches with it focused and being AMAZED! Now I have a 1w & "2w" 445 nm, an assortment of 303's of 532, 650, and 405 nm wavelength, a LaserBee AX that I just recently purchased and received, and I love it! (Other than the fact of me being a noob, without knowing of LPF, buying a "2W 445" which turns out to be 1.475 Watts) Now I'm looking into getting a Jetlaser, and possibly a Sci-fi laser as well. I am also seriously craving doing my first build as well! Well, thank you for your time, I'll do my best not to ask any stupid questions which have already been answered! Thank you all for the knowledge you all have already unknowingly given me!

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 54

Hi Ricker :wave:
Welcome to the forum, really nice intro!!
Try not to let the truck stop make you go nuts :D
Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here.
Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.
BTW, Please be sure to click on this link for a chance(s) to win a laser of your choice!! :)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f56/win-laser-forum-donations-fundraiser-contest-95194.html

Ricker

Thank you kind sir, LeHap!

Thank you Laser Chick! I will try not to but it is a nutty place! :p And yes, I was planning on donating as soon as I got my card refilled hopefully this week, but now I have extra incentive! :D

Hey, thanks Alan!

Thank you very much, Marcus!

Ricker

Welcome to LPF ! :beer:

Thank you so much, Thejoker301! I will actually be shooting you an E-mail as soon as my new debit card comes in the mail, looking to buy one (for now ;) ) of your beautiful pieces, just need my card to buy it with! :)

kiwi37, thank you so much!

laserql, thank you and yes I'm very excited to be a part of it! You all have so much knowledge I can't wait to learn what you all have to share! :yh:

Gabe

Welcome, you seem like you'll be a great addition to the community :). I like your avatar. Will wholeheartedly recommend Jetlasers, fantastic company, beyond outstanding products and customer service. Have fun and learn lots, friend!

Ricker

Welcome, you seem like you'll be a great addition to the community :). I like your avatar. Will wholeheartedly recommend Jetlasers, fantastic company, beyond outstanding products and customer service. Have fun and learn lots, friend!

Hey, Gabe! Thank you do much for the kind words! Yes I'm VERY excited to order my PL-E Pro! I am going to order a Sci-Fi laser from Eitan first, but for my birthday (which so happens to land on Christmas) I am going to treat myself to the PL-E Pro 4w Focusable 445nm. Do you have any suggestions or comments? And also I have, in my very short time, have learned soooo much through here, and always am having fun! Have a great day, Gabe! :thanks:

Gabe

Haha, funny coincidence, I bought my PL-E Pro for myself on my birthday as well. Hmm, some tips. Beam expanders are surprisingly awesome, so if you're not like me and have spare cash lying around, order a beam expander with it too. If you ARE like me, try screwing around with some cheap binoculars to make your own beam expanders. It's fun, but not quite as good as the one they have. Also, order the power adaptor cord or whatever it's called with your Pl-E, it's a great feature to be able to plug it into the wall, and it's hard to find the power adaptor it needs.

Last edited:

Ricker

Thank you sir! I've always wondered about the beam expander, I just might have to get it as well now! And the wall adapter sounds like a must! No reason to drain batteries while you're inside! :)

Gabe

Exactly. One more thing, in terms of batteries 26650s are much better than 18650s, they last longer. Especially if you use cheapo 18650 ultrafire batteries like me, they drain in the blink of an eye.

Ricker

Exactly. One more thing, in terms of batteries 26650s are much better than 18650s, they last longer. Especially if you use cheapo 18650 ultrafire batteries like me, they drain in the blink of an eye.

I actually just finished reading your PLE review, an amazing job may I add!!, and I took note of you saying that as well, I'll definitely get those!