Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hello... Again

Welcome, once again, to the LPF. Glad you didn't just walk away thinking you were somehow banned. I guess this hit new members even harder than vets.

ManCave

Welcome, once again, to the LPF. Glad you didn't just walk away thinking you were somehow banned. I guess this hit new members even harder than vets.
Thank you Paul.
Yes, it was somewhat baffling, and I did think I had been banned for reasons I have already stated. Thankfully, there’s a contact us link for non members which, I duly used, and a response came back to me within minutes. So the matter was cleared.
I hope the man that was banned has nothing to do with the forced reset. Alas, I suspect he may have something to do with it. I am a member of a few photography and Astronomy forums, and we had to go through something similar when a banned member threatened legal procedures (they removed permission to have their posts on the forums, and a restore from backup was easier than going through every post and thread).
But to me, and I guess everyone, loosing a few post, perks and points, is nothing compared to the painfully difficult decision moderators and forum founders had to make. They have my sincere support.
Cheers!

Snecho

Welcome back ManCave. 🍻

Sad all of our messages and your thread was lost...

I'm still not sure what's going on. Seems like the site got hacked or reset?
I was signed out and couldn't log back in for a minute because it changed my password to an older one.

ManCave

Welcome back ManCave. 🍻

Sad all of our messages and your thread was lost...

I'm still not sure what's going on. Seems like the site got hacked or reset?
I was signed out and couldn't log back in for a minute because it changed my password to an older one.
Thank you buddy.

It was very nice to have our private chat and Yes, it’s a bit upsetting that some of our posts and messages are gone. Still, they are logged in memory.

Not sure what’s happened but, like I’ve already said, I have my suspicions. In our case, the banned member was very prolific with over 100 posts a day. Being a photography forum, copyright became a serious issue when he removed permisión. So, we had no choice but restore from backup. We lost the best part of 20 days. Other technical issues he was aware of were at play, so he knew exactly just how much damage his actions would create for us... very uncool and evil!

I fully understand the reasons behind the lack of info (other than “legal reasons”) from the mods and founders. We had a “gagging” problem, as he also threatened to sue for slander if we mentioned anything negative about him, which can be a serious problem.

Still, I am only guessing but, whatever the reason, the admin team here has my full support and understanding. I know how difficult, irritating and painful those decisions can be and are, no matter the circumstances.

Cheers!

Snecho

Thank you buddy.

It was very nice to have our private chat and Yes, it’s a bit upsetting that some of our posts and messages are gone. Still, they are logged in memory.

Not sure what’s happened but, like I’ve already said, I have my suspicions. In our case, the banned member was very prolific with over 100 posts a day. Being a photography forum, copyright became a serious issue when he removed permisión. So, we had no choice but restore from backup. We lost the best part of 20 days. Other technical issues he was aware of were at play, so he knew exactly just how much damage his actions would create for us... very uncool and evil!

I fully understand the reasons behind the lack of info (other than “legal reasons”) from the mods and founders. We had a “gagging” problem, as he also threatened to sue for slander if we mentioned anything negative about him, which can be a serious problem.

Still, I am only guessing but, whatever the reason, the admin team here has my full support and understanding. I know how difficult, irritating and painful those decisions can be and are, no matter the circumstances.

Cheers!
Yep. Hey at least that first page was deleted. ;)

Maybe post a new thread if and when you get your order? I'm at the edge of my seat. 🤣

ManCave

Yep. Hey at least that first page was deleted. ;)

Maybe post a new thread if and when you get your order? I'm at the edge of my seat. 🤣
Lol... Yes, I shall keep you guys posted, maybe with a first impressions, or if some one close to me has the necessary equipment and wants to help, a full review. that is, if they do arrive :p
‘Cheers!

Thank you buddy.

Cheers!
I know libel laws are much stricter in the UK than the US. That said, you can't get sued for libel or slander if what you say is true. My understanding is that is not the case where you are.

ManCave

I know libel laws are much stricter in the UK than the US. That said, you can't get sued for libel or slander if what you say is true. My understanding is that is not the case where you are.
You are right but, it’s just not worth the hustle... Painful as it is, It’s better to reset, not engage in what he wants and, get rid of the trouble maker swiftly and permanently.

But, like I said, that may not be the case here. I am only guessing from our experience. Whatever the case, believe me, those decisions are not taken lightly, I hope everyone understands and cuts the admin team some slack.

Chers!

Glad things are back to normal.
We have many UK members.... Curtis Oliver is who I would contact first.

search LPF for'London UK' to see links to London.
search UKLEM too. cheerz... hak

GSS

MC, I saw that you like Alien Lasers 488nm build.. :)
I'm surprised that nobody warned you yet:whistle: This hobby is addicting!! After a while those 3 lasers you are getting won't be enough!!
I hope you have a separate bank account from your girl, or you will have alot of explaining to do:giggle:

Edit: In all the chaos we never mentioned safety glasses I think..
Get some "Eagle" glasses from "Survival Lasers" International link and use the LPF discount code for 10% off. For $40 it's the best money spent for are laser hobby..

Last edited:

ManCave

MC, I saw that you like Alien Lasers 488nm build.. :)
I'm surprised that nobody warned you yet:whistle: This hobby is addicting!! After a while those 3 lasers you are getting won't be enough!!
I hope you have a separate bank account from your girl, or you will have alot of explaining to do:giggle:

Edit: In all the chaos we never mentioned safety glasses I think..
Get some "Eagle" glasses from "Survival Lasers" International link and use the LPF discount code for 10% off. For $40 it's the best money spent for are laser hobby..
Yes, it’s a pretty cool build. I’ve always bought mine from shops, but I can see that changing in the not too distant future. Much to learn before I attempt my own build but, it will happen for sure.
‘No need to hide my spending from my other half. She’s cool.
‘Yes, I’ve already own a pair of EP 190/540~800-2000nm.
‘Cheers!
@Hak.
‘Will check it out!
Cheers!

• Wow
Reactions: GSS

ManCave

Good with the glasses and even better with the other half!! :)
Yes, I have always been very careful and safe when handling lasers.
‘We’ve been together for 3 decades, in that time you get to know each other micro expressions and, little white lies become very hard to pull so, we are honest about... well, pretty much everything. We do our monthly budget, holidays and savings plans. Anything over we can spend on what we like.
Cheers!

GSS

Yes, I have always been very careful and safe when handling lasers.
‘We’ve been together for 3 decades, in that time you get to know each other micro expressions and, little white lies become very hard to pull so, we are honest about... well, pretty much everything. We do our monthly budget, holidays and savings plans. Anything over we can spend on what we like.
Cheers!
Nice! You sure found your soulmate and hope you have another 30 years of happiness.. ;)
Plus woman in general always seem to have a sixth sense and know a mans tell:whistle:
Speaking of Ebay I ordered a non laser related item on Oct 23 from a private seller. I haven't heard a thing yet, not even a shipping label created. 100% feedback score but he is covered in his listings as he gives a estimate of his shipping times and has till the 1st of the month.
You might like this, as it's a Renwal Visible V8 plastic model from back in the days.. Always been into cars but for some reason never bought this model as a kid in the 70's.
Anyways don't want to high jack this thread..

Last edited: