Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hello... Again

ManCave

Nice! You sure found your soulmate and hope and hope you have another 30 years of happiness.. ;)
Plus woman in general always seem to have a sixth sense and know a mans tell:whistle:
Speaking of Ebay I ordered a non laser related item on Oct 23 from a private seller. I haven't heard a thing yet, not even a shipping label created. 100% feedback score but he is covered in his listings as he gives a estimate of his shipping times and has till the 1st of the month.
You might like this, as it's a Renwal Visible V8 plastic model from back in the days.. Always been into cars but for some reason never bought this model as a kid in the 70's.
Anyways don't want to high jack this thread..
Yep, we sure got lucky to find each other, and I agree about women’s six sense... mine sure knows when I am telling porkies 😆
Never been into cast models althoug, I used to fly RC planes and helicopters (had to give it up....too many expensive crashes) The engine model you bought looks cool, I hope you get it, and Don’t worry about high jacking, it’s an introduction thread, and it’s nice tho chat, and get to know everybody.
Cheers!

Snecho

I used to fly RC planes and helicopters (had to give it up....too many expensive crashes)
Cheers!
Huge RC aircraft hobbiest right here. Listed in the AMA. Been flying for half my life.

Did you fly hobby grade stuff or just toy stuff from stores? :)

ManCave

Huge RC aircraft hobbiest right here. Listed in the AMA. Been flying for half my life.

Did you fly hobby grade stuff or just toy stuff from stores? :)
For the planes, a mixture of both, the helicopters were all self built hobby grade kits from shops. All nitro engines, and capable of serious damage and injuries if improperly flown so, certainly no toys.

I did mostly acrobatics with the planes and 3D flying with the helicopters. Dave Fisher from flying fish here in London, was my instructor when I started with the helicopters. I had both BRCA and BMFA memberships.

The expenses for repairs, parts and sometimes new kits from too many crashes, became a money black hole. So, I gave it up more than 15 years ago. I still fly my friends kits on occasion but, it is no longer a full fledged hobby.

What kit do you fly?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Snecho

For the planes, a mixture of both, the helicopters were all self built hobby grade kits from shops. All nitro engines, and capable of serious damage and injuries if improperly flown so, certainly no toys.

I did mostly acrobatics with the planes and 3D flying with the helicopters. Dave Fisher from flying fish here in London, was my instructor when I started with the helicopters. I had both BRCA and BMFA memberships.

The expenses for repairs, parts and sometimes new kits from too many crashes, became a money black hole. So, I gave it up more than 15 years ago. I still fly my friends kits on occasion but, it is no longer a full fledged hobby.

What kit do you fly?

Cheers!
That's awesome man!

I never really got into helicopters. I fly a bunch of different planes. I have a Gas P-51 Mustang, a Nitro Mustang and Piper Cub, an EDF Jet, a Micro 60-80mph flying wing, a small dual motor vertical takeoff and land flying wing, and a few half built nitro models that were donated to me earlier this year along with various odds and ends.

Unfortunately this year has been very hard and almost all my models are in disrepair but I'm planning on getting back into it more next year. And I'm also planning on buying some very nice top dollar electrics when the time allows :)

It definately is a very expensive hobby. Easily 2 or 3 as expensive as lasers.

I've also taken a general class on aviation maintenance and helped build a Vans Aircraft RV-12 two person plane from a kit at my local airfield.

Last edited:

ManCave

That's awesome man!

I never really got into helicopters. I fly a bunch of different planes. I have a Gas P-51 Mustang, a Nitro Mustang and Piper Cub, an EDF Jet, a Micro 60-80mph flying wing, a small dual motor vertical takeoff and land flying wing, and a few half built nitro models that were donated to me earlier this year along with various odds and ends.

Unfortunately this year has been very hard and almost all my models are in disrepair but I'm planning on getting back into it more next year. And I'm also planning on buying some very nice top dollar electrics when the time allows :)

It definately is a very expensive hobby. Easily 2 or 3 as expensive as lasers.

I've also taken a general class on aviation maintenance and helped build a Vans Aircraft RV-12 two person plane from a kit at my local airfield.
Impressive collection you have there!

One of my friends built a Mustang P51 from scratch out of balsa wood, I think it took him like 2 years in total. Sadly, he crashed it on its maiden flight. A servo fail was the culprit part and he was properly gutted.

Yeah, helis are expensive as hell, and very difficult to fly, It was a very stiff learning curve for me. (hence, crashes galore)

I do miss the hobby But, my reflexes are not longer fast enough to really enjoy it. Still, I am lucky in that my friends let me fly their planes every now and then... but they don’t let me anywhere near the helis. :D

You’re still young, fix at least one plane and keep flying, it’s a great hobby!

Snecho

Impressive collection you have there!

One of my friends built a Mustang P51 from scratch out of balsa wood, I think it took him like 2 years in total. Sadly, he crashed it on its maiden flight. A servo fail was the culprit part and he was properly gutted.

Yeah, helis are expensive as hell, and very difficult to fly, It was a very stiff learning curve for me. (hence, crashes galore)

I do miss the hobby But, my reflexes are not longer fast enough to really enjoy it. Still, I am lucky in that my friends let me fly their planes every now and then... but they don’t let me anywhere near the helis. :D

You’re still young, fix at least one plane and keep flying, it’s a great hobby!
Heh It's start for a collection... :)

That's so sad what happened to your friend man. Crashes happen, at least you learn from them.

Thank you, it really is a great hobby as well. 🍻

ManCave

I was not too bad, as you can see I had an awesome instructor. It’s just that my kids became my most expensive hobby... I couldn’t afford anything else :ROFLMAO:

Snecho

I was not too bad, as you can see I had an awesome instructor. It’s just that my kids became my most expensive hobby... I couldn’t afford anything else :ROFLMAO:
I can see definately see that. lo!!

ManCave

Good news guys, DPD has my parcel and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Thursday) Woohoo, I can’t wait.
Cheer!

Snecho

Good news guys, DPD has my parcel and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Thursday) Woohoo, I can’t wait.
Cheer!
That's awesome man! Glad it looks like it's working out.

Now we just have to see if you actually get 1W Green 🤔