Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

heh...

did i miss something?!?! dark_horse's heatsink are different sizes now!

here is a picture of two stacked together...... the top one is the "older" one, and the bottom is one i got in the mail today.
it won't fit into my host!

Attachments

• heatsink_003.JPG
    heatsink_003.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 104

Re: NNOO!! heatsink trouble!!

Mohrenberg said:
did i miss something?!?! dark_horse's heatsink are different sizes now!

here is a picture of two stacked together...... the top one is the "older" one, and the bottom is one i got in the mail today.

Our heatsinks have not changed size, We did a special-order that was .025" larger in diameter than the normal DJR-heatsinks. Two went missing, I would say you found them. I apologize for the mix-up, we will get the correct DJR-Standards out to you immediately.
DH

drew said:
did you contact him and ask him?
yeah i asked him......the old one leave just the tiniest gap inside my host, but this new one stop as there is a tiny bevel on the inside of the host......
i could file it down just a tad....hopefully this is a mishap...and if it isn't hopefully he can make some of the old ones for me...i need to order 5 more.....

btw.....ever get pestered by your woman for making messes? :D
shes threatening to banish me and my lasers to the basement.

Attachments

• mess.JPG
    mess.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 111

Dark_Horse said:
[quote author=Mohrenberg link=1234502916/0#0 date=1234502916]did i miss something?!?! dark_horse's heatsink are different sizes now!

Our heatsinks have not changed size, We did a special-order that was .025" larger in diameter than the normal DJR-heatsinks. Two went missing, I would say you found them. I apologize for the mix-up, we will get the correct DJR-Standards out to you immediately.
DH
[/quote]

:D don't worry about it......i can still use these....i was just scared :D

no need to send me new ones, i'll use these just fine.
i'll just sand them down a little and they'll be good to go.

p.s. sorry for freaking...don't want to cause a panic

You will be sanding for a long-time, they will be exactly .025" to large. I will send you out a couple of the new anodized-HSs from the initial-runs.
DH

Dark_Horse said:
You will be sanding for a long-time, they will be exactly .025" to large. I will send you out a couple of the new anodized-HSs from the initial-runs.
DH

Wow! Now that is what I call customer service! I havn't ordered any heat sinks from you yet Dark horse, but when I do I know I wont be disappointed.

Mohrenberg said:
btw.....ever get pestered by your woman for making messes? :D shes threatening to banish me and my lasers to the basement.

You work on the floor? The place looks like a crack house. :-/

Tech_Junkie said:
[quote author=Mohrenberg link=1234502916/0#3 date=1234503450]btw.....ever get pestered by your woman for making messes? :D shes threatening to banish me and my lasers to the basement.

You work on the floor? The place looks like a crack house. :-/ LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]