Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anybody messed with the new 2.5W G85 yet?

Why...Yes it is pronounced..." Frodrik".....and... do not forget..." Frank N. Steeen "

Ya know...it is a sad commentary regarding the cinematic offerings of today....they typically Suck...
Visually stunning, CGA wonderful....ability to " Temporarily Suspend Disbelief " Ya right !! Piss poor !!

Good humor.... within a reasonable moral framework . !!...Gone Johnson !!
Sigh x 100.....

The Fabric of society is battered by Moral Entropy !!! Yikes...I sound like my Father !!! But...we are... " Politically Correct "....Oh yea... Thank God for that !!

Back to the movies....there are a few good ones....But most evoke a satisfaction equal to a stroll thru Gatsby's " Valley of Ashes "...Sorry for the literary reference...Does anyone read anymore ??? Naaah !! Grumble, grumble....and grumble !!!
Soooo...See attached pic...of " The Grumble "...My hero !! Beam Out

Attachments

• The Grumble.png
    The Grumble.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

You can see what CDBeam likes, look at his avatar.

Hahaha...In that regard...I am as transparent as AR glass. Now...at the top of my list....is the Classic movie..." The Day the Earth Stood Still "...the 1951 movie...not the 2008 crap...a SciFi Classic...who's only equal...among the classic SciFi is " Forbidden Planet ".

To those, who have not put down your Cell phones long enough, to view these two classics....Duh...." Rome rot's from within " :yabbem::yabbem::yabbem:

Sad !!! :na::na::na::eg::eg:

Whatever !!:confused::confused:

Beam ( The Movie Critic ) Out:beer:

Encap

It's a classic, I saw it about ten years after it was made, really liked it, have been interested in UFO's since: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iF5sINVns

I also enjoyed the more recent remake: https://www.amazon.com/Day-Earth-St...sr=8-3&keywords=the+day+the+earth+stood+still

Whaaaatttttttt ?? You saw it in...then...1961...Holy Shit Batman...You may even be more...errrr...ahhhh..."mature" than I am....and...I am Oh so "mature"...yea....right.....well....

Reference to a Twilight Zone show...the State has not yet declared me..." Obsolete " ......some members may now be chopp'in at the bit to zing back !!! HAHAHAHAHA...You cannot....and remain PC !!! :wave::wave::wave::wave: ...I am in a protected class....." Tyrannosaurus Dex" Hahahahahaha Beam Out

Last edited:
Oh...Alaskan....That is SOooo much better...Not...I just feel ancient...Not " Older"n" dirt " :crackup::crackup:

But....instead of all components working at 100% top speed and efficiency....We have...ehrrrrr... Wisdom and experience !!...yea...Whatever.....but...IMNSHO....movies were much better....or...just maybe....my standard was much lower ????? :undecided::undecided:

Regardless...I will continue to Piss'n Moan... regarding the movies of today !!

:beer::beer::beer: Beam Out

Us old farts need to stick together. There are fewer of us everyday. :crackup:

Us old farts need to stick together. There are fewer of us everyday. :crackup:

Oh...Sweet Mother Mary...Like " Tears in the Rain "....SOoooo...Let us celebrate the wonders of our world...

Let us capture and revel in the beams of pure color light...whose geometry that we all find so compelling....what ever the reason !!!

And yes...Let the " Old Farts " stick together...and lead by example...Let our mantle of enthusiasm beam forth. Let our foundation/core value of safety be foremost...and....Let our spirit of sharing be a beacon to all that come to this place.

Naaaahhh...Just Kidding HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:eg::eg::eg::eg::eg::eg::eg:

I was compelled to type that.....but....all the points above are my belief !! ( Except the last Wise Ass comment )

Beam Out

Tyrell to Roy "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly"

Last edited:
Sounds good on the surface, but the lens is only going to collimate the beam, not improve divergence that could be had by external collimation. It will be like putting a ball lens in a diode.

If the beam is collimated, then the divergence is the minimum, isn't? :crackup:

Anyway, the text in pdf says that it will be "3.6° (perpendicular), 0.5° (parallel)"; not clear how the two (if the same structure as G85) will overlap.

ML562G85 has 9 deg x 65 deg

Somehow you missed my qualifier and, thus, my meaning. I said it won't collimate it any more than an external lens would and probably not as well. You can't stop reading in the middle of the sentence. ;)