Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Harvesting The LOC LPC-815 Diode

I just watched this video for the first time. It was AWESOME! Very informative in a short amount of time.

Thank you!

Good video tutorial just 1 comment instead of a file I use one of them kitchen knifes with the 2 serrated edges (they can cut through a metal can ) lot easier and less fillings :)

sparky

Thanks! awesome video.. I am going to be harvesting a couple from GGW sled, it seems to me that your method will work well for harvesting all diodes? unless there are other methods that are better for different sleds?:bowdown:

I started with the LPC-815, so I'm already lucky lol, I was really shocked to find it open like that, I didn't know what 'open-cap' meant, the pics I saw were odd in themselves, then I actually saw that it really is open lol.

Benm

I've managed to get the LPC diode out using a vise and pliers to break away pieces of the heatsink without any filing. Takes a bit of effort to get right, but seeing al that metal dust flying off a file near an open can diode makes me a bit weary.

I had my friend hold a vacuum hose up to it. Yeah it was loud for a minute, worked for me.

The diode comes from 22x DVD burners.

Some have the LCC diode (long closed can) while others use the LOC diode. (long open can).