Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hangover Thread

I've been hooked on Absolut for a while. I used to be hooked on Long Island Ice Teas, but they get kind of costly when you reach the 12th glass. :undecided:

I go out in NYC alot and Long Islands are basically often my only option to get a buzz... at $12+ per shot I can't really afford to get drunk, LIIT is usually around $16 and has 2-3 shots in most places. One night I went out and basically said F*ck it... put it on tab... well my CC bill wash shocking.

Asherz

Good tips guys cheers, I'll definitely checkout that pedialyte, not sure if I can get it over here the UK though, the gatorade we have some other similar stuff called powerade so I'll give that a try :)

had a few shots of this on my 18th

001.003-ABSI.jpg

Surprisingly I wasnt sick, but I did have next to no recollection of the night which was a new experience, I've never truly not been able to recall the majority of the night. Wish I new about some of these hangover cures then, coulda subdued a nasty hangover the next day

Last edited:
I go out in NYC alot and Long Islands are basically often my only option to get a buzz... at $12+ per shot I can't really afford to get drunk, LIIT is usually around $16 and has 2-3 shots in most places. One night I went out and basically said F*ck it... put it on tab... well my CC bill wash shocking.

Did your face look like this when you looked at it?
arnold-header3.jpg

Haha! Yeah Ive done my share of drinking but thats in the past lol I have only had a hangover twice fortunately and Ive blacked out and then woken up drunk the next day hahaha I had nearly 40 beers that night and I surprisingly remember the last bit of it.

i drink gatorade before bed. and if i do get a hang over, i will have 1 beer. from my understanding a hang over is a withdrawl symptom. so feed the beast lol

michael.

In college I had to attend this little "meeting". Two of the standard questions they ask, is how many drinks do you have on a regular night. My answer = zero.

How many drinks do you have on a night of drinking. My answer 15-30.

Have you ever had a drink the next morning to help yourself sober up. Well, you can guess what this answer was:)

Kevlar

Good advice every one. T.J. absolutely right with the pedialyte, thats the best but gaterade/powerade will work if you can't get the pedialyte.

I miss my days of working in a hospital. I would get a buddy of mine to start and I.V. then bolus 2 liters of L.R. (lacted ringers, good I.V. fluid)

I'm a pretty small guy so I drink strategically to keep up with the other guys I hang out with and depending on what I have going on the next day.

Tech's Grape pedialyte definitely works very well :) I had about 1/2 bottle of that and a good full breakfast before bed. thats what works for me :)

An IV does do wonders... only problem is I don't trust myself to insert the needly when I'm uhm impaired. I wonder if an oxygen tank would help though.

@Ra1nfade - Pretty sure if you have it at night, before going to bed it's not a breakfast :na:

Kevlar

I wouldn't want to start an I.V. on myself either. O2 should help some but the main goal is to get good nourishment by liquids or solids.

Yup. Also charcoal does help in absorbing any alcohol that's still in the stomach/digestive track though. I only use a few tablets after drinking contests.

Last edited:
Haha! Yeah Ive done my share of drinking but thats in the past lol I have only had a hangover twice fortunately and Ive blacked out and then woken up drunk the next day hahaha I had nearly 40 beers that night and I surprisingly remember the last bit of it.

I got so trashed one time I sat down and laid back against a telephone pole. It was around 4AM. I closed my eyes, opened them again and it was ~8AM, LOL. People were walking by, cars driving, ect. No one said a word, LMAO. I have months of stories. I once woke up onto a girl bigger than me. I couldnt figure out how we did it. ^^

Long Islands are ~$7 here. So I could literally drink $100 a night. That was when I was puling over 1K week. In Florida you can bring your own, so I'd put away 750ml a night. Not bragging here, it took a lot to get me hammered, and stay hammered. I'm a big guy so my body processes the alcohol super fast. I've had hangovers 2 hours after I stopped drinking.

I only drink on occasion now, or if my back pain is so bad I cant sleep.

^^^LMFAO.

I've had some rather bad episodes. One of them was setting a hospital record for BAC...

I did wake up a couple of times next to girls who are admittedly less than what I normally aim for (pun intended), not exactly coyote ugly, but not the kind I want pictures with either.

Often what I do is wear a sport coat, and carry two flasks with cognac, holding 18oz in total. It's not enough to get me wasted, but definitely helps with not having huge bills later on.

I've brought nips into bars to save a few bucks. I used to bounce too, and that was always good for free drinks. Everyone wants to be your friend so you dont beat their arse to hard when they get out of line, lol.