Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hangover Thread

Asherz

Hi guys,

thought it would be interesting to see everyones preferred cures for the morning after a night of heavy drinking.

I was out last night and consumed a little too much jagermeister, and am now paying for it with the effects still luming at 10pm the following evening :banghead:

Personally I make a coffee, glass of orange juice, glass of water some bacon a movie and not get out of bed again for the rest of the day, tends to work pretty well :p

shhh

I always tried to drink the biggest glass of water before I go to bed or pass out.
And pop a couple of Tylenol.
Because i always wake up about 2 hrs later with a banging headache.
But drinking some water and some pills work good.
Or at lest my mind thinks so. LOL

But I hardly drink anymore soo....

I don't get hangovers. Is that normal, lol? There's been a few times I've bottomed out a 5th of Jager in one night, and woke up feeling fine. Or sharing a gallon of Rum with a couple friends, no hangover.

After I turned 21 though, drinking just kind of got phased out. I drink maybe once or twice a month, but nothing more than getting buzzed.

Asherz

I don't get hangovers. Is that normal, lol? There's been a few times I've bottomed out a 5th of Jager in one night, and woke up feeling fine. Or sharing a gallon of Rum with a couple friends, no hangover.

Aha, a guy at the party who lived next door promotes bands and got sponsered by jager, so he came over with these branded test tubes and 5 bottles of the stuff... Never again.

I always tried to drink the biggest glass of water before I go to bed or pass out.
And pop a couple of Tylenol.
Because i always wake up about 2 hrs later with a banging headache.
But drinking some water and some pills work good.
Or at lest my mind thinks so. LOL

But I hardly drink anymore soo....

Yeah the glass of water before bed is definitly a good one, I normally chuck in a slice of bread if I can keep it down as well :)

Last edited:
Glass of water before bed, take a couple advil an hour or two before you need to get up (work) like set alarm then go back to bed. Huff on some pure O2 if there's a tank near by (shop has an oxy acetalene torch) and one I haven't tried but my friend did, his aunt is a nurse and she gave him a salene iv and he said it worked wonders.

anselm

Glass of water before bed, definitely good advice.

For the morning after,
mmmmmm, mmmmmm:
220px-Rollmops_01_retouched.jpg

Rollmops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've done quite a bit of drinking in my life... actually hold one hospital record from my college days... and have done a bit of research on the subject.

The best cure for a hangover is a preemptive one... Don't drink. <-I rarely subscribe to this one.

If you are going to drink, whether you drink on an empty stomach or not matters a great deal. The contents of your stomach and digestive tract will determine how quickly alcohol is absorbed. As a result one's "tolerance" is much better during say a bbq eating a juicy steak than doing 10 shots of grey goose at a bar on a empty stomach.

So if you will have to drink a lot (I work with and have a lot of russian friends, so drinking kind of comes with the territory) try not to do it on an empty stomach. Fattier foods work better in this regard. It's also not a bad idea to take a double dose of multivitamins, fish oil pills, calcium, vitamin d, and some potassium.

Now that we've covered the pre drinking prep, lets move on to the actual drinking. If you're trying not to get drunk... drink slow, max of one drink every 15 minutes or so. DO NOT DO A ROW OF 21 SHOTS in one minute... trust me it doesn't always end well. Space out the drinks as much as possible.

The type of alcohol you consume will also make a difference... now this part I've noticed a great deal of variation in. Personally I get a horrible hangover from red wine or agave tequila. Generally the less you mix drinks the better off you will be. Personally I stick to cognac or vodka whenever possible. The quality of the drink makes a great deal of difference... drink crap and you will feel like crap the next day. The cheaper stuff generally has more impurities (aka free radicals).

Last two bits of advice for the period actually drinking... try to stick to a 1 drink(IMO 1 drink = 3 shots): 1 glass of water ratio. Second bit... try to stay away from straws, and just drink from the glass.

Ok, so now you had a good meal, took some vitamins, went out and partied like crazy and are stumbling home... Another glass of water is not a bad idea, but you could do better. Drink some Gatorade or any other sport drink, it will help a lot more than just water.

Now at this point I also often take 1 pill of naproxen, 200mg or so. After that all you can do is get some sleep.

When you wake up... some nausea is not uncommon. If extreme, believe it or not, 1 shot of a hard drink will actually help.

If you can though, it is better to get a healthy breakfast... my personal preference is an omelette with some peppers, and onions, a banana, a glass of orange juice and milk, and likely a side of bacon. A cup of coffee also never hurts imo. Try to also take your vitamins at the beginning of your meal.

Now personally I find that the minimum helpful amount of sleep to get is 3 hours. So if you get home at say 4am, get up 7am, eat, do whatever... back to bed at around 9, sleep until 12... you'll be in shape to go out and do it all over again the next night.

I was at a bucks night once and got so smashed. I'm usually a bit like Lotus_Darkrose, but this night I defiantly drank more then I usually do (I am more of a casual drinker then a partier). But this was a bucks night.... how can you not get shit-faced?

Anywhoooo. I knew I would be GOOOOOONE the next day and I had an 8 hour shit to go to FML. I heard from a friend that if you drink before you go to bed, your body will still be processing the alcohol when you wake up, and you wont feel hungover. As hard as it was to think "I must drink more to feel better tomorrow" I did it anyway, and managed to keep it down.

I woke up the next morning FINE! No headache or anything. Obviously I couldn't drive, with all the alcohol in my blood still so I took a taxi to work.

-Adrian

Last edited:
Take it from an old drunk...

1. Drink quality liquor (I drink Absolut).
2. Do not mix liquors. Or at least stay in the same family.
3. Best hangover cure in the world....
pedialyte.jpg

Chug the whole bottle before bed. For some reason grape flavor works the best. Check the results on Google.

ped

T_J hit it on the head.

Drink quality booze. I only ever drink Jack or Smirnoff.

An additional tip, use diet mixers (if you use mixers) , iv'e found the sugars in mixers compound hangovers (with me anyway) , and i never get hangovers following these rules...and i drink as much water as possible before passing out.

I like Jagermeister, Crown Royal, Tanqueray, and Southern Comfort. I rarely drink hard liquor anymore, mainly stick to beer when I drink nowadays. I've found the "liquor before beer" thing to be very true. I usually try to get in a hardy meal with some good carbs in it before I drink.

Dulls the buzz is what I always say. :eg:

:crackup::crackup::crackup: LMFAO!

We covered basically the same exact points. Only major difference is IMO gatorade is in every grocery store you can stumble by... pedialyte requires a trip to the pharmacy.

Absolut is good. Personally I prefer Kettle One or Grey Goose, if on a budget to be honest smirnoff does the job just fine:beer:

Last edited:
I've been hooked on Absolut for a while. I used to be hooked on Long Island Ice Teas, but they get kind of costly when you reach the 12th glass. :undecided: