Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Handheld Lasers for Bitcoins - Gamma Lasers

Yes, our lasers are fairly cheap ones but the power ratings are correct (feel free to measure them yourself). They use Nichia and Osram diodes. We don't have a 3W green one yet but we are in the process of adding another blue one that uses the Nichia NDB7A75 diode which is rated as a 3.5W diode but can be pushed significantly higher with a good driver and proper cooling.

I'd be happy to combine both discounts for you.

So you'll answer questions about discount but no real answers about the technology eh?

As I said earlier

Where exactly have you found 532nm laser diode? I've never heard of one being made that's why there are 532nm DPSS lasers.

Also I just bought a 520nm 1W laser diode, in which the diode alone is $499 (which had just come down from $700 just for the diode).

So we still have major issues with what you are claiming!

ru124t

I cant get your website to work. Are you truly located in Cambridge , MA

I cant get your website to work. Are you truly located in Cambridge , MA

If they really are then they will be getting a visit from the government soon just like Gary of Survival Lasers did and won't be selling complete functional lasers for very long at all.

Grix

You should send a green laser to a trusted member for metering. Sorry, but as people have said, a 2000mW portable green laser in itself is an extraordinary claim, not to mention at less than $300. Without proof it is extremely hard to believe.

Last edited:
My guess is that this is a complete scam. That being said, I do hope this is real, just very unlikely. And he wants payment through bitcoin, he can easily scam anyone who buys.

And what is this about Gary from survival lasers getting visited by the government?

And what is this about Gary from survival lasers getting visited by the government?

I was only referring to why Survival Lasers has a separate site for those who live in the USA. I thought I read that Gary was contacted by the government and told he could no longer sell high power complete laser kits to US citizens (let alone constructed lasers like Gamma wants to sell). Only the rest of the world can order that from him anymore.

ARG

Yes, our lasers are fairly cheap ones but the power ratings are correct (feel free to measure them yourself).

If you can provide proof of the 532nm 2W laser producing more than 1.6W I will be first in line to buy one, and I will apologize for calling your power rating bullshit.

I suggest you buy an LPM (the Radiant X4 is currently only $100) and take a video of the output being measured.

Until then I stand by what I said. Bullshit.

rhd

Here's an offer for you - a way for you to prove you're not a scam.

- You have the "2W 532nm" listed for $279.

- I'll buy it, and if it actually tests as at least 1.8W 532nm, I'll pay you $350 (more than you're even asking for)

- The condition, is that I pay the money after testing. I'm happy to deposit the money to ANY respected forum member to hold (you can even pick the forum vet yourself, I'll deposit the payment with anyone respected). But the key is, YOU don't get it, until the specs check out.

Last edited:
Yeah, just like anyone else. If you send it to a trusted member here, and they can verify the output. I would buy one right away.

rhd

Yeah, just like anyone else. If you send it to a trusted member here, and they can verify the output. I would buy one right away.

Nahhhh, they'll come back with some excuse for not taking up my offer. Watch. They don't actually want these tested. That's my bet.

Last edited:

ARG

Also, another note about your prices; you're asking WAY to much for that Nitecore i4. At Illumination supply they retail $13.5, and you ask $50. Even if you were buying them at retail prices that markup is still huge.

We understand the general scepticism here and we'd be happy to provide a laser to one of the trusted members for testing. Who would you guys suggest?

Yes, we are based in Massachusetts (Cambridge and Billerica) and Germany. So far we have not had any problems offering these lasers to US customers and at the moment we are not aware of any existing legal constraints but we'll be looking into the current situation.

While we have not yet tested the actual life expectancy of our diodes, based on their average operating temperatures and currents, it can be expected to be quite high. We are eager to demonstrate that it is possible to offer handheld lasers with fairly high output at relatively low cost.

For Shipping in the US you need to be careful because legally you can't sell anything over 5mW. Hopefully you won't have any problems but just something that could happen has happened before.

It sounds like you've sold your lasers before, the fact that you can offer a 65% off your 532nm laser means you would be loosing a huge profit. You are saying I could get the 532 2W for $181?

I really hope this is true.

rhd

We understand the general scepticism here and we'd be happy to provide a laser to one of the trusted members for testing. Who would you guys suggest?

Yes, we are based in Massachusetts (Cambridge and Billerica) and Germany. So far we have not had any problems offering these lasers to US customers and at the moment we are not aware of any existing legal constraints but we'll be looking into the current situation.

While we have not yet tested the actual life expectancy of our diodes, based on their average operating temperatures and currents, it can be expected to be quite high. We are eager to demonstrate that it is possible to offer handheld lasers with fairly high output at relatively low cost.

Wups. It looks like you forgot to respond to my proposal.

I would suggest Daguin, once he receives the laser and confirms the output (assuming most the output is actual 532nm rather than IR) you will have many sales.

Our lasers are diode based and, yes, the optical output has been measured. A main reason DPSS lasers are more expensive is that they offer much better beam coherence than cheap diode lasers. The other reason our lasers are so cheap is that we sell them close to our cost because our primary motivation is to support both the laser and the bitoin communities.

In terms of the beam expander, that was a typo - it was supposed to say 10m. I've corrected it. Yes, 100m would be extreme. :)

1) no
2) no
3) no
4) no
5) maybe