Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Halo Style 2 stage COILGUN

anselm

Einfach nur geil!
Ich finde alle deiner Basteleien echt super.
Immer voellig einzigartig und unvorsehbar.;)

EDIT:
Aarg, stupidly misspelt "lathe" as "lace" in your +rep comment. duh.LOL

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Yours will be as awesome Fed ;-)

Anselm: Wie kamst du auf den Namen? Ach und: Danke...

Höhö....achso. Portugal? Ausgewandert?

Baust du auch Coilguns oder machst eigene Laser?

This is great! Thanks for the video....Is there any way you could post more pics of the inside workings? Seems very compact and well designed!

XD no I can't...
And you wont see much. Coils are wrapped in steel...wires everywhere...

Glad you like it btw.

I had this idea using a ring as a grip....saw a Halo Gun with some nice lines...fit perfectly. So this time its only 50% my design. Google for concussion rifle...you will know what I mean ^^

very nice. what kind of caps you put in that thing? Also curious, did you use photoflash chargers in parallel or build a dc to dc boost converter? Been considering making a coilgun for a while, but this is inspiring me to give it much more consideration.

Sadly even a 1 stage would strain my weak electronics knowledge considerably. I think timing a two stage like you've done here would be way outside my abilities for now. =/ Meh time to put on my thinking cap and hit the various forums hard. :D

EDIT: I just realised that there's no way you used photoflash electronics :D as I don't know of any that could handle the voltage you have off 4 lithium cells. :D so the boost converter is the way you had to go

Last edited:
Its not that hard. Actually its worth the effort, because 1 stage coilguns are not that efficient. Every additional stage will increase eff, if done right.

I used flashcaps. 330V 100uF....42 pcs all together. 24 and 18 per stage. 2 stages.
Its holding a boost converter. 12V -> 360V @ 40W

I'm working on my single stage coil gun for now. +1 For the inspiration to build a 2-stage. If you can give me an idea of how to move up to the 2-stage let me know please.

Sie sind die besten elektronischen Gerät Ingenieur! :beer:

Dont make me blush.

Its easy. Add a diode...leading from your first capacitorbank to another....then another coil....another SCR...a light gate and thats about it :)
Please give me the data of your caps and I will tell you how many uF the second bank has to have. Need a shorter faster pulse for the second stage you know.

BTW: Already voted on the Host of the year non-torch poll?
If you like my style, vote :)

Just voted and I see that you are in the lead by one vote. Hmmm. :D

Yes as far as my single stage coil gun, it is just a disposable Kodak design that was posted years ago. But I'll be ready to move-up when this ones finished. Started today and finished tomorrow. ;-)

Edit: I wear rubber gloves, due to my near-fatal Marshall amplifier experience.

Last edited: