Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Had a nice meeting with RedCowBoy in GA.

OVNI

... will slow up and leave a gap so you can make the change you're signalling with no hassle ...

I always thought it was because of, well you know, the April 20th thing. Either makes them nicer or they're really not paying very good attention. :na:

I always thought it was because of, well you know, the April 20th thing. Either makes them nicer or they're really not paying very good attention. :na:

April 20th people just drive slower altogether. Not that they aren't paying attention, just inherently drives slower.

*EDIT* - I meant to say "what is the April 20th thing"
(o )_(o )

( o)_( o)

Last edited:

Rivem

Hey, if you're looking for a place to relocate that has nice drivers, consider Denver. I'm always pleasantly surprised when we travel south into Colorado and get into big traffic snarls in Denver. Nearly any time you want to change lanes just turn your signal on and someone behind you in the lane you're trying to get into will slow up and leave a gap so you can make the change you're signalling with no hassle. Most other areas I've traveled to it seems like the traffic just gets tighter when someone sees that you're trying to make a change.

In Wyoming we don't have major traffic snarls so the politeness of the drivers isn't tested so much. We haven't been that Californicated yet. :p

Ed

Denver is a nice place to drive, but we Coloradoans do have a tendency to badmouth tourists behind their backs.
:na:

Going to El Paso. Always wanted to go downunder there to Aussieland, would work there if I could find a job.

Gosh. I could probably visit you if you were going to stay there a while. I'm going to have some business in Las Cruces soon.

I know you're joking, but I absolutely hate being on the road near somebody who's smoking. Very uncool and dangerous. I feel like the people that do this are recent transplants and not long term Coloradoans though. Lot of people showed up here just for that after legalization.

OVNI

April 20th people just drive slower altogether. Not that they aren't paying attention, just inherently drives slower.

*EDIT* - I meant to say "what is the April 20th thing"
(o )_(o )

( o)_( o)

Popular culture has accepted this definition although Snopes says it's not true "420 is the penal code section for marijuana use in California". Snopes writes about a different origin. So in Denver and all over Colorado and other states that have legalized recreational use, lighting up on April 20th is becoming a tradition. Can probably smell it for miles.

I know you're joking, but I absolutely hate being on the road near somebody who's smoking. Very uncool and dangerous. I feel like the people that do this are recent transplants and not long term Coloradoans though. Lot of people showed up here just for that after legalization.

Yes, joking. And I agree. No room for anyone not paying attention driving anything including driving me crazy. From cell phones to chatty passengers to any thing or drug that impairs driving abilities. I read somewhere (internet - must be true) that people with disruptive kids drive up to 9x worse than people with cell phones. :eek:

I did not know about the 420 culture until people where I worked began to remark about the last 4 numbers on my work issued phone - 0420. No one came right out and said it so when they quipped something witty or clever I was always thinking 'I don't get that'? I soon realized that 'those' people all seemed to share similar traits. :whistle:

Denver is a nice place to drive, but we Coloradoans do have a tendency to badmouth tourists behind their backs.
:na:

That's true. I lived in Colorado for 10 years. Eight of those in Denver. People from the south come there to ski and we were always complaining about their "don't mess with us" attitudes. I took my then 8 year old daughter to a Kenny Loggins concert at Fiddler's Green and had the misfortune to sit in front of some drunk Texans. Rude would be an understatement to describe their behavior. Eventually had to move. It isn't that much of a problem here in the Northwest. I guess it's too far to travel. :)

Ribeye steaks are my favorite, not sure what RCB ordered, or his senior dad, but I think they ordered the same thing.

I have applied to several jobs in Colorado over the last few months, but the ones I was offered didn't pay enough as the sole income earner for my wife and I. The contract I'm going to in Afgh. ends in July with a possible 2 year extension from the military, if the company wins it.

I have another offer in Kirkland,WA for a reasonable amount but moving on my dime costs too much from Alaska, so I need to save more before I can do so, this job can provide that for me.

The older I get, the less offers and harder it is the find a good job, sometimes I wonder if I should have left my AT&T union job I had for 20 years which allowed me a lot of job senority.

Last edited: