Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guidesman host?

Laik

Where do i get my hands on a guidesman host? DO they even make them anymore? If not, then where do i get a hotlight, do they even make these anymore as well? I see Eudaimonium has a machine shop thread and is selling guidesman heat sinks for 18 bucks shipped (not sure if he is still selling them).

Laik, you should check with him. IDK if he still has those around. I had trouble trying to find a Guidesman a while back. If you simply, cannot find something, I have a Guidesman clone-custom flashlight that I thought about turning into a host. Perhaps we can work something out.

I have seen that they sell them on eBay but sadly all the sellers only ship to the US. Maybe you can work something out with a member here on LPF who is situated in the US? Like this: Seller-------> US LPF Member--------->You

Eudaimonium is indeed selling Guidesmans when he's not referring to himself in third person. Sometimes fourth. Depends on amount of alcohol had.

Guidesmans can be found on eBay, but they are rarely called that. You have to inspect the pictures to see if the host is visually identical.

Also, CajunLasers (shop linked in my siggy) will be stocking up a very large number of hosts and host+HS kits and combos in not too far of a future. You can ask Clif where he gets the hosts, or wait a bit longer and pick up one of his awesome bundles of his shop.

yeah be careful because i got some off ebay and one host was a large one like the one's clif use to sell the other was a smaller one.

here is an example
IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

Last edited:

Laik

Thanks so much guys, i will just wait until clif gets some in and up on his store. I see he has already wrote up the description for them and says he got some in because he's selling this host (only the host) because he couldn find the heat sink or they sent him an extra one. I am going to be checking everyday, i want one :D Also, where would i get a hotlight? Are they just as annoying to find as guidesmans?

EDIT:
Eudaimonium is indeed selling Guidesmans when he's not referring to himself in third person.
You said on your machine shop page you dont sell hosts, only heat sinks. So are you referring to the guidesmans heat sinks or the host?

Last edited:
Yeah i found some as well. The supplier has 30,000 of them, but i am waiting for him to cave on the price.
He knows, and I know that he cannot move 30,000 flashlights by selling 1 or 2 at a time. So when he finally accepts this and sells them to me for $1ea, i'll buy a few thousand of them and have them in stock lol.

He tried explaining his price was because of the "high quality" of the flashlight from a "major retailer" which canceled half their order.
After explaining that it was not high quality, it was just an aluminum body with a plastic reflector, low quality PCB, and worthless LED's manufactured for Menard's he caved and offered them at $2.50 as his rock bottom price.

I use to buy the hotlight hosts with holster and 3xAAA for $0.25 though....

Last edited:
Wow moh going to completely stock the site or what? Your starting to be my go to guy, 3/4 group buys, wish I would have joined the JAD kit and am kicking myself now that I missed it. I've got alot more request for lasers in the last week then I thought I would.

Last edited:

IsaacT

I have a guidesman host+heatsink that I got from JakeGT. I have yet to build anything in it but it doesn't look exactly like the pictures above...diff style.

IMG_0559.jpg

Laik

Moh, we are going to be living on the streets if you keep these great deals up :D I hope that guy falls down on price because i really want a guidesman, although when i first saw them i idn't think they looked that great, now i have fallen in love with them (and hotlights). I am going to have to start saving though, i got the 2 kryton builds coming (500mW 635nm and 1.5W 445nm), a phr in a c6 (just ruined the host and diode, so im gonna have to get a new ones) and an lpc in a guidesman :shhh: I am like 15 and not allowed to get a job, so it's kinda hard to get that type of money.

EDIT: I just saw your post wannaburnstuff, that looks pretty cool. It's kinda like a hybrid of the hotlight and guidesman (at least thats what i see)

Last edited:
Yeah you can get those at Menards. They do look good but I'm a fan of the old style.

LASIK that the small style like in my picture. That's exactly what mine looked like!

Last edited:

Laik

Moh, if you do get these for 1 dollar each, how much would it be for us roughly?

I'm not expecting to have them any time soon....last i spoke with the guy was about 6 months ago.
I maybe cave in to him after I get my 501B's done.

Laik

Oh haha aw well, clif will still have them soon. Going off track here.. I had a c6 host that i de-anodized with oven cleaner and it had kind of a frosty look so i put it in for longer trying to get rid of the frosty look and it cam out with..... i dont know how to explain it. It looks like an aluminium rust (i know aluminium doesnt rust, but it looks like what you imgaine that aluminium rust would look like if it did). I found out afterwards i could have just polished it and gave it a nice dark aluminium colour :rolleyes: Does anyone have any ideas on getting rid of it and returning to normal bare aluminium?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_2312.JPG
    102_2312.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 274
  • 102_2313.JPG
    102_2313.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 313